Update on the Lonestar fire

I received this email today from Lonestar.

Hello;

A devastating fire Wednesday afternoon, November 21, burned the Lancaster building completely. The order you have with Lone Star will not be shipped. Everything is lost- all records- all computers. We don't even know who had orders in the works other than those via the website, and of course all our phones are out.

We will make every effort to determine what has been charged and will be contacting you for refunds. But please be patient since it is a real trial recovering from this immense loss.

Some pictures and any additional information as it becomes available may be seen on the Lonestar website

Regards,

Bill Lee Webmaster Lonestar-Models.com

I hope they get back up and running soon.

I had to reorder my balsa from another source. What would have cost about $105.00 with shipping from Lonestar, cost $145.00 with shipping from the next cheapest source I could find.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

I could not wait, I should have. Below is a copy of an email sent to on

of Lone Stars competitors. All I will say is that their name has a "N in it.

Joe

I recieved my order today and I am VERY dissapointed. First the total you gave me,$88.97 is not the total charged to m credit card,$92.62. Second the balsa sheets are very poor quality. They are not flat, I ca live with that. They are not a smooth surface, that is unacceptable. Third the sticks were suspended above the sheets which is the mos likely cause of some of them being broken. This adds up to a lost customer how will let everybody I know what kin of balsa supplier you are, LOUSEY!!

-- Thermale

this thread:

Thermaler