How long to charge Li-Polymer between flights?

Hi,

Am thinking about getting an electric trainer such as Multiplex Magister.

Is it possible to re-charge the Li-Polymer cells in the field using an SLA or car battery?

If so, how long would this take?

Cheers,

Kenny

Reply to
Kenny

Charge at a 1C rate and it will take an hour.

Reply to
BlueGlide

| Is it possible to re-charge the Li-Polymer cells in the field using | an SLA or car battery?

Absolutely. We do it all the time.

Don't use a car battery unless it's actually in a car, however -- buy a deep cycle battery instead. Using car batteries in situations where they aren't usually kept fully charged greatly reduces their lifespan. | If so, how long would this take?

Most LiPos are charged at 1C, so if your battery starts out completely dead (which is unlikely) you're looking at an hour, perhaps a bit more as the charge rate usually slows down at the end.

Of course, usually it's not fully discharged when you charge them, so it'll probably be a little faster than that.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

One hour 20 to one hour 40. The charge tapers towards full voltage.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My average recharge time is around 25 minutes on not more than half flat stuff.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher