Low Temp Covering

Sorry to ask this question again, because I know there was a thread about this recently, but I couldn't find it.

Besides Econokote, what other brands of foam-safe low temperature iron-on coverings are available and where can I find them online? A buddy of mine just built a Zagi XT and he's not happy with the mylar tape covering he put on it. He wants to cover the Zagi with iron-on covering, but he thinks the palette selection for Econokote is somewhat lacking.

Thanks in advance for the help, all!

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Solite, available from several suppliers works well. The drawbacks, it's thinner (very light weight) and somewhat translucent in the opaque colors, and when the backing is peeled, it'll stick to itself.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

| Sorry to ask this question again, because I know there was a thread about | this recently, but I couldn't find it. | | Besides Econokote, what other brands of foam-safe low temperature iron-on | coverings are available and where can I find them online? A buddy of mine | just built a Zagi XT and he's not happy with the mylar tape covering he put | on it. He wants to cover the Zagi with iron-on covering, but he thinks the | palette selection for Econokote is somewhat lacking.

Ultracote.

I've covered a few flying wings with it with great success. Looks a lot better than the tape that they tell you to cover the wing with, and flies better too.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Coverite sells a low temp covering called Black Baron. I've used it several times with great success. It also works great for trim pieces. It's available through Tower Hobbies.

Reply to
Mark Eastman

Ultracote Lite works great on foam wings. I've covered 2 Ace Simple

400 w> Coverite sells a low temp covering called Black Baron. I've used it
Reply to
danielkeating

We're closing out SoLite at reduced price... limited color selection left. Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

I covered my EPP craft with Ultracote. Unless you get too aggressive with the iron or gun it works great. Still need to 3M it tho. My Super Scooter combat sloper has been thru hell but the covering held up pretty well.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

"Super Scooter" .... I have had the little Scooter for a couple of years and just love the way it handles. I usually fly it at Bluff Cove in Palos Verdes, Ca. but its 32 inch span is just too hard to see at any kind of distance . I just now finally broke down and plunked out the money for its bigger brother (49 inch span). It came last week and is still in the box. I bet it would be a great plane for an electric motor. I'm thinking about making a removable nose piece that can have the motor mounted or not and balance as needed ... battery mounted with velcro on top of the fuse. My brother and I fly together and out of all our combined stable, the Scooter is always the one that we toss out there first, to "test the water" if conditions just might be on the marginal side. ... great little plane! Oh, anyway, as I was about to say, to stay on topic, I think I'll cover it with Ultracote. :')

Reply to
Forrest

I had the little brother but lost it in the scrub oak up on Grass Mountain above San Fancisquito canyon. Spent hours looking for it without luck. Have a new one still in the box but havent been sloping in a while. My buddy has the standard Scooter also covered in Ultracote. We never tape EPP aircraft anymore! Interested in how the removable nose thing works out.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople