Lanier Shrike 40 ARF: glueing the wings on -

On this plane, you trace the outline of each wing against the already-covered fusilage and then remove the covering in this area prior to epoxy-gluing the wings on.

But when you remove the covering in this rather large area, the wood is still covered with the glue from the film backing.

Anyhow - I'd like to remove this glue to get a wood-to-wood joint between the wing & fusilage. But how to do it? Solvent? Sandpaper? Or just forget it and let the aluminum spar and 2 small dowels do most of the work...

Tnx for your ideas - LeeH

Reply to
LeeH

If it were I. I would clean the backing off with acetone and then sand the wood clean with sandpaper. An onch of prevention it worth a pound of cure.

Reply to
Double Ace