Molly

50 years ago I was flying control line on a dirty grass field. After a tip over landing we would rinse off our motors with fuel then fly the model again. We never stopped to carefully clean the dirt out of our motors. Needless to say, they lost compression quickly. We had a substance we called Molly . It was a grey colored oil. We would put 3-4 drops into the intake of a worn motor while running and the compression was magically restored. You could treat most motors 3 or 4 times before having to replace pistons and cylinders.

I have recently come upon 4 old Baby Bee .049 motors that have been abused and have little compression. If I could find that old "Moly" substance again, I would try it before buying repair parts, as the parts cost more than a whole new motor on EBay. Does anyone know anything about this "Molly" substance? Is it still available?

Reply to
Randy

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:09:38 -0400, "Randy" wrote in :

Auto-moly? Oil with molybdenum in it?

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Try these folks:

Tim Wescott

I get "Sorry, this store does not exhist" from ebay following that link.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Odd -- it worked for me.

Try this one:

I think it's the same place (I was just too lazy to thumb through magazines before).

They're a Cox dealer that bought out the warehouse when Cox's owner declared the whole line obsolete. I _think_ they're trying to buy the name, but they're still calling themselves a 'dealer', so presumably that hasn't happened yet.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:53:42 +0000 (UTC), Vance Howard wrote in :

You have to recognize when long links wrap around; to go to the site, you have to add the ending back on.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Try with warehouse added back on. Like this:

Reply to
Morgans
50 years ago I worked in a gas station and it was called Molly Slip. Google it and see if it`s still around or if the name changed.
Reply to
Jerry Alibi

Also called molybdenum disulfide if memory serves me...

Geezer

Reply to
Geezer51

Available as molybdenum disulfide grease.

Geezer

Reply to
Geezer51