MS Composit (Fishers, Indiana) sells EPP foam aircraft

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MS Composit (Fishers, Indiana) sells EPP foam aircraft that are pre- hinged and pre-airbrush finished and ready to fly in record time.

They are ultra-bounceable and are made from almost UNBREAKABLE EPP FOAM! EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene) is a high-technology impact- absorbing material that is perfect for anything that might crash into something. Bash it, smack it, twist it or crash it - it just bounces back! Softer and lighter than a feather pillow, yet tougher than a boot, space-age EPP foam just keeps coming back for more punishment and more flying! You won't believe just how much punishment an EPP model will take! (or how fast they build !) All MS Composit EPP models are airbrush pre-finished with a long lasting eye catching paint scheme. (No painting, covering or colored tape wrapping is needed) All MS Composit EPP models were developed and perfected by master- award winning designers. They ALL have flight characteristics which will amaze the most proficient flier yet they are forgiving and resilient to withstand the abuse which may be given them by the beginning modeler.

MS Composit makes EPP foam Airplanes in the following designs: Gliders, Aerobatic, Semi-scale as well as the Swift family of flying wings. For all of the information about MS Composit EPP foam aircraft -- visit:

sfrank69

Gee, there for a minute that looked to me like it said "MS Compost"

actually, that should read "KINDA, SORTA, MAYBE, ALMOST, unbreakable EPP foam."

sorry, but I have SEEN EPP fuselages snap cleanly into separate parts.

Reply to
Bob Cowell

What YOU have seen and What they sell may well be different !!!!!!!!!!

Have a NICE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
sfrank69

WOW has somebody got their knickers in a twist !

you the owner or just the shill??

Reply to
Bob Cowell

On Wed, 09 May 2007 13:03:14 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Bob Cowell instead replied:

What difference does it make? He may be correct and you might just be telling a tall tale. This is USENET - not the corner pub.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

ROFLOL!

Given who probably it is, I would have to say he is more than likely correct. Too bad his approach is always so aggressive, it turns most off and does more damage than good. But those are choices he has made.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

BTDT - that's why god invented carbon fiber rods.. :)

Reply to
ManhattanMan

On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:32:12 GMT, "Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Abel Pranger

On Thu, 10 May 2007 15:31:49 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Abel Pranger instead replied:

Reply to
Ray Haddad

"Ray Haddad" wrote

Not to me. Got a hint?

Reply to
Morgans

On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:40:44 -0400, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Morgans" instead replied:

Nor to me. However, the lingering accusation of the original post being made by someone who habitually does it regularly indicated someone like this might ring a bell with someone. Thus, I looked up the domain owner to see if anyone recognized him or her.

Anyone? Or have we got yet another case of an overzealous individual who believes that a commercial post, which is very much "on-topic," should be slammed simply for being commercial?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

It could be the Jindrich Jezek that owns MS Composit, or another that is a Dept Head at a Univ. in the Czech Republic, or any of a number of others in that corner of E Europe. Pick a card..........any card.

Reply to
Abel Pranger

NO I DIDN'T! :eek

-- grouchy

----------------------------------------------------------------------- grouchy1's Profile:

this thread:

grouchy1

Do they use a carbon rod in the wing?

I have a Super Zoom and with a carbon rod in the wing and carbon stri in the fuse this is one strong plane that does Bounce :

-- gquirin

----------------------------------------------------------------------- gquiring's Profile:

this thread:

gquiring

As far as I can tell, he EPP Foam on the MS Composit is standard run o

the mill EPP foam. And that's great stuff in terms of ability t handle abuse and repairs

-- NJNJperso

----------------------------------------------------------------------- NJNJperson's Profile:

this thread:

NJNJperson

Carbon rod in the wing? Afraid not. They do give you some thin fuzzy string, probably sourced in eastern Europe. Bad pictogram implies that it is to be soaked in CA. I think everybody has looked at it and instead run down to the hobby shop to pick up CF spars.

"Ready to fly in record time"??? If we're talking record time in building a plane with inscrutable hieroglyphic instructions, then yes let's call Guinness World Book, otherwise it's clear somebody had a few too many Guinness' before posting all those superlatives about this plane.

It's a nice flying plane after you correct all the problems and engineer your own work-arounds. My second one is so much better than my first build.

Reply to
NJNJperson

The planes are pretty neat IMHO. I have built a bunch of balsa planes and didn't think I would care for a "foamie" but the Unique was fun to put together. The instructions are the worst >>>"inscrutable hieroglyphic" as NJNJ says pretty much sums them up. It is certainly not indestructible, but it does take some abuse, except for the fragile tailfeathers which are not EPP. But it flies great, even in the hands of a relative novice, and it looks good. The family all agrees of the several planes I have, it "looks the best in the air".

I went the CF route, but I am going to get a Blade Dancer and put it together with 3M 4693 adhesive and use the string in the fuse. I think it keep the fuse straight, but also allow better compression in a crash. I will still use CF in the wing. I have glued some samples of EPP with the 3M adhesive, and have also embedded CF and string in the foam, and am impressed with this glue. I also repaired by aileron hinges with this glue after an attempt to repair them with CA failed.

Reply to
u2builder