Multiplex Microjet

I have been looking at this plane for some time now..... I have read the ezone group discussion on this plane....... the discussion tends to be about stuffing the lightest most powerful setups into this plane. The end result seems to be that when you toss it, and put the juice to it, it will roll over from the tork and is very much on the bad side of almost un-controllable (when apparently over-powered). I want to know how this plane flies with the stock set-up, or at least with a stock-like set-up. Does anyone here have any experience with this plane.

Robert

Reply to
RBarkus

hahsa. The ezone is always mad. Launch at less than full throttle.

Duno. I'll probably get one next week, and I'll let you know.

My guess is about the same as a picojet - hefty heave, with full up trim, hope it misses the ground, and then slowly reduce up trim to zero as she comes around on the first circuit...at about 45mph.

Lodas of guys can't hand launch. Myself included - utterly forgot how much faster one of my planes flew...and launched it smack into a hedge. The slower ones just climb over it from a gentle toss. Sigh. ANOTHER repair jobbie.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

my setup is stock

with either 3s2p etec 1200's or 3s1p etec 1200's

12.2oz weight stock s400 fast, easy to launch, slow to land power off and still controllable built almost exactly as box stock velcro removable fins and hollow out a little foam under the canopy to move the batteries fore large loops straight up and rolls like there's a string through the longitudinal axis very happy for the performance of a box stock $54 plane

-- JVBAV8

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums. Visit us at

JVBAV8

Guy in our club has one with a brushless fitted, go's like stink. Thing is, it's so small, it's out of site in 4 sec' and that's vertical, very very quick. JB

Reply to
JB

You're right about hand launchers. I've got a microjet and there's only one person who can hand launch it reliably. If I launch it myself, or if anybody else launches it, it's immediately inverted and heading for the ground :-( Haven't figured out why yet. This is with the standard motor and 8-cell battery packs. Sadly the person who *can* launch it is on holiday at the moment, so I haven't flown it for a couple of weeks. Once it's lauched though it's fast, rolls quickly and loops with only a slight dive to build up speed beforehand.

Reply to
John Privett

Trick is with picojet to keep the nose down and get the speed up. It likes about 25mph to fly well, and I estimate most people can't chuck harder than 20mph. If you launch upwards, its stall and torque roll time. I always end up launching downwind as well - never midn why, its a long story...

I ripped away part of my gut operation I think last time I launched the 'jet. :-) They told me not to do anything violent for 6 weeks :-)

Then I smashed it to the point where I couldn't be bothered to reapair it (again)

hence microjet.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher