MVVS 26 IFS gasoline engine?

Hello all

I am planning to buy MVVS 26 IFS gasoline engine (known also as Evolution

26 GT in US).

Does anybody have this engine? What are yours experience with it? Is it reliable, easy to start and so on? Does it overheat? From the picture it seems to me like it has very small cooling ribs. I plan to use at least

17x8 prop with it.

I have bought SU31M 1700mm (67 inch) wingspan and put it together. It weights about 4.5 kilogram (little less then 10lb).

is no name Chinese product.

This plane is very similar to Cermark Sukhoi:

If flies great. Very stable and predictable aircraft. But it needs more power. I like it very much.

I use Magnum FS 1.20 on it. I tried 15x6 and 15x8 prop. I use 7% nitro because the engine is still new. 15x6 spins on 9300 rpm. Airplane flies very slow with it. Definitely bigger prop was needed. With 15x8 it flies much better. The speed is OK, but it does not have unlimited vertical. I would like to have more power to be able to hover. I would also like to file on gasoline because I fly a lot.

I know that OS 1.60 FX will be excellent choice but I would like to fly on gasoline.

Thanks for any answer.

Reply to
Tvrtko

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:22:24 +0200, Tvrtko wrote in :

I have three of the early MVVS models (one purchased new from Pé Reivers, one NIB from Ed Cregger, one used from an unhappy customer)..

I've heard that they may have hopped up the engine since I bought mine.

Mixed reviews.

There is a burble or a cutout when the engine is running at full throttle. Nobody at our field has been able to get rid of it.

The power is OK for its displacement and for gasoline. I've had fun with all three engines.

One a friend broke after snapping the wings off my 1.20 trainer.

I burned up one. No definitive cause found. Theories abound.

I've combined parts from the two bad engines to make one whole. I've put five or ten flights on the rebuilt engine, but I'm doubtful that it's going to last.

I have lots of cooling in the planes I've run it in. I don't think the fins are the problem.

I've been turning an 18-6.

The engine will pull that around just fine. My engines have been in

13-15 pound airplanes.

I know the feeling. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:26:32 -0700, Geoff Sanders wrote in :

Cool. Thanks for the tip!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ