Need help to use DSC on JR 8103/3810

Hi There All

I am making a lead to enable me to use the DSC function on my JR 8103. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with the questions below.

What I need to know is how to wire the lead from the xmitter to the DSC jack on my plane

From 8103 there is centre pin and ring connecter

Which is the signal Connecter? I presume this goes to the signal in on the receiver (orange)

Does the other lead connect to the Red(+) or Brown(-) on the receiver? (per the charger/DSC jack)

And, when using DSC, is the battery switch on the plane on or off? (I know the xmitter is off)

Cheers and good wishes

David

Reply to
quietguy

That is where the battery charger connects. The DSC port is on the bac of the transmitter just below the transmitter module. The port i labeled D.S.C. TRAINER

The DSC cord is a mono phono plug (2mm or 2.5mm I'm not sure which wired to a male servo connector/battery charge lead. The cord is wire Phono plug tip to Orange (signal) wire, phono plug base to Brow (ground) wire. The Red (power) wire is not used.

The planes power switch is ON when using the DSC cord. I want to mak sure that you understand that the DSC cord will NOT work with th "standard" JR power switch. You must use the "Deluxe" power switch, o the JR switch that has the built in charge recepticle.

Hope this helps Ke

-- Ken Barne

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ken Barnes's Profile:

this thread:

Ken Barnes

Thanks for the info Ken - much appreciated

BTW the DSC/Trainer plug is 3.5 mm

David

Ken Barnes wrote:

View this thread:

quietguy

Excuse me? 3-point-who metric-meters? It's actually better known as a standard 39/283" plug.

Reply to
Poxy

Nope. In civilised places it is called a 3.5mm mono (or stereo if that is what you want) jack/plug

David

PS mm stands for millimeter(s)

Poxy wrote:

Reply to