Hi tech Transmiter

I have a 3 channel Hi tech Transmiter. Which transmiter charger should I use my Futaba or JR? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
frank

Futaba

Reply to
Andrew

FUTABA!!! Futaba, Hitec, and the rest of the free world is positive pin and negative shell. ONLY JR just has to be different. They are positive shell, negative pin.

It either won't charge, if your TX has an inline diode. Blow the inline fuse, if it has that. Or (if the above two have been bypassed or removed) will reverse-charge the battery, ruining it. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

hanks you very much for the quick reply.

Reply to
frank

Neither. Futaba charger may appear to work - Indicator light may illuminate and then turn off soon afterwards As Murphy would have it, back on again in the morning just in time before you check and unplug the unit leaving you to wonder why later that battery life is shorter than usual. Futaba plug has a 2.5 mm centre pin whereas other brands have a 2.1 mm centre pin. Using the Futaba unit will result in at best an intermittent charge. Depending upon the age of the socket and spring strength of the negative terminal in the socket, the plug usually centres and the pin loses contact and charging stops prematurely. Futaba, Sanwa (aka: Airtronics), Hitec, Acoms, Multiplex etc all have positive centre - negative outer. Exception: JR (2.1 mm centre pin) wire in reverse = negative to centre pin and positive to outer.

My own design 230 VAC with "J" plug on receiver 4.8V lead to accept all brands of RX batteries and two interchangeable two pin heads for the transmitter lead: one specifically to fit Futaba TX and one for all others but is reversed to fit JR. Units are available commercially. View at =

3 way with glow driver charger included =
If you wish to use the existing charger, I suggest you make a short adaptor lead using an inline socket with 2.5mm centre pin joined, with a short lead, to a plug designed for use with a 2.1mm centre pin.

regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.