Nylon washers

Well, here is another subject...but first, thanks to al who wrote about the lack of kits and such...yes, the world is changing...but for me, building kits or scratch building is totally my only creative outlet and I love it...and flying, too....my basement workshop is filled with finished, flown,and busted, too, models and many still in the "building" stages...plus many kits accumulated over the years... NOW..for all of you who hold your wings on with those nylon bolts...I ahve been going to home depot and buying some nylon big washers, about an inch or larger in OD with a 1/4 inch hole in them and they really spread the load and keep the wing portion where the bolt is seated from being crushed inwards...but those washers at Lowes and Home Depot are not cheap. I thought I could find a box of 100 at the local bolt and screw places, but no luck. A few I found on the internet search will make to order but unless I buy 10K, it is priced out of sight. So..does anyone know where to find some of these nylon washers...let's say, with a 1/4 hole and an OD of at least1 to 1/2 iinches..I think the larger is better...I can't seem to locate any on my Google search... Regards to all and thanks for reading my rambling stuff... Frank Schwartz older (but not OLD) in Tennessee

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

Try Small Parts, Inc.,

I have no idea if they'll be price competitive, but if you want washers in nylon, delrin, fiber, stainless, brass, ceramic -- oh, and plain old steel -- they have them. Try McMaster-Carr,
also.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

try RLT fasteners theyhave then up to 3/4'' dia at12 for 1.50 or 50 for 3.50

John

Reply to
John

buy from these guys, mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

It's

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Micro Fasteners has them --

Good service, too!

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack

Take the big round servo wheels you get from Futaba and drill out the center (hub). They make great wing bolt washers. That's about ALL they're good for.

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

Jim..thanks for the tip...odd but I have nearly a box full of those big round Futaba servo wheels. I have been wondering what to do with them and who uses them anyway? I checked every lead that everyone has given me for some big nylon washers with a quarter iinch hole...biggest I found was 7/8 OD...no good... At Ace hardware they had some about 1 1/2 inches OD but with a smaller hole ID..guess I could drill them out to 1/4 inch..but they are about 50 cents each...wow!! Frank

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

McMaster Carr - look there, they excel at this stuff. They have an online catalogue - their wed address is: their name with no spaces.com.

Reply to
zara

How many do you need??

Reply to