Oh please take M15 and a form a group rec M15 and get off RC models

I don't wish to be disrespectful. My advice is to take this issue and form your own group like M15 Rec. Let us on this group speak of RC airplanes and like hobbies. Your not creating any allies by posting your opinions that have nothing to do with RC Airplanes. Respectfully: Doc Ferguson

Reply to
Doc Ferguson

Doc hate to tell you this but this is showing up on lots of usenet groups... paranoia has never run so deep or had such an easy time being spread. Oh, and I dont mind being disrespectful of someone who has no respect for others. Bob Furr

Reply to
icerinkdad

I think they are mass spamming usenet in general. Do the posters of this spam ever come back and reply to the threads it starts.

Hey, Bob, did you used to be on modelnet and/or any of the model related compuserve forums?

Reply to
Zootal

Just block the sender. I've done just that and don't see those messages any more. Or rather, I don't see them until some idiot decides they're going to reply to the message, often without snipping.

So, to all the stupids who resond to spam - thanks for nothing. Get a life, ignore it, or use a filter/blocker.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yep! I was on compuserve back when my best pc was a 286 and we still used the Apple II for most of our non-internet work. I remember modelnet quite foundly. Actually I remember the day in about 1980 that I told my wife we should by stock in a computer chip maker... instead we bought Inacom which was the biggest computer retailer at the time... and they went belly up a few years later. Oh well I coulda been a millionaire.... I actually dont think the current forums are any better than what we had in place back when modelnet was the only place to go... Doug (I think that was his name) did a good job creating that. AOL now owns the compuserve brand and can claim to have me as a subscriber for over

25 years... I didnt create the internet but I sure as heck paid for my corner of it at about $20 a month for the past two decades. Nice to hear from an old modelnet buddy. Bob Furr "See ya in the circle"

PS still flying combat and playin at whatever other event is interesting.

Reply to
icerinkdad

Ah, the good old days of the Cim! Do you remember the "Nerd" flat-pack suitcase model?

Steve Nerd-5

Reply to
Steve

Sweeeet. I have in my possession a printout I made about ten years ago of an extended conversaition I had with several people on different aspects of wing and airplane design. I don't see your name on it, but I do seem to remember you. At the time I went by emberts, or Matthew Reed. I had a pc/xt - it was a Kaypro with a 3.2MHz NEC V20 processor, and a whooping 785K ram. At the time it was a screaming machine :)

Somewhere along the line I lost ALL of my airplane gear. I had a dozen engines, tons of pieces parts, dozens of plans for the various airplanes that I had built, and several planes in various stages of construction or repair. But alas, it's all gone. I had a new in box Fox 19 and a Fox 15 that had been run once. I had a peewee 02 that had been flown once, and a bunch of 049s in various conditions, some barely flown.

Reply to
Ook

Reply to
Brian