New !

Just have a look at this link :

Seems great, no ?

Marc.

Reply to
marc zovi

The $535 entry fee seems to be a bit steep to me. And I'll buy just about anything WWI.

Dan

Reply to
DNSH

Did you ever see that 1/24 scale Caudron G.3 kit that came out of, I think, Switzerland about 10 years ago??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

puts eyes back in sockets...that's only about 6 months and 40 models of the type I do...geez

8-O
Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Was that the heavily photo-etched model that required covering with a silkspan type material?

Dan

Reply to
DNSH

The Brandenberg the original poster mentioned is also produced in Annecy Switzerland and also requires tissue covered wings. Same company perhaps? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

That's the one!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Attention Pinhead,

Although the VAST MAJORITY of the posters/readers here are into aircraft, NOT ALL OF US ARE.

And even among the aircraft crowd, I'm sure that some of them don't give a single shiny turd about WWI stuff, and even more won't have an interest in this particular 'plane.

So do us a favor and tell us what you are linking to. Not everyone wants to participate in your little game of "surprise!"

HD

Reply to
Hamilton Davidson

It's an ON TOPIC post. Your response to it is rude at best.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

He may or may not be a "pinhead", but yes...it was a little discourteous of him to *not* describe the topic to which he was "phishing" for attention. But, seeing that he is from Belgium, perhaps he may not be aware of this aspect of "courtesy"; seeing that different cultures have differing opinions on such things.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Unbelievable! We hear from the one moron on this group who has a problem with a model related post. Thread upon thread of unrelated crap and he decides to attack this poster because he doesn't like the model subject. Maybe we should have this dim bulb Hamilton Davidson pre-approve all future posts so that his delicate sensibilities aren't offended. What an asshole.

Dan Hartz

Reply to
DNSH

Actually to be fair, the link clearly stated in it that it was a kit review. Davidson's melt down was due to his dislike for the subject. He didn't have to follow the link if he couldn't handle the "unknown" of not knowing where the link would take him.

Dan

Reply to
DNSH

Take it easy, laddie. Take yerself a chill-pill. That's a pretty minor thing to start delaminating over. If that's all ya' got to be upset about, I guess you're doing allright. Go get yourself an old ID models vacuform kit and start building it. Then you'll have a reason to pop off. ;~)

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Maybe the struts are white gold instead of white metal? The price is just way over the top, which is a shame because I'd buy one if it were under under $200. I'd really like to see how the wings will be done. The covering intrigues me. They should consider a little less ambitious 1/32 scale kit and maybe the reduced price point would get a few more orders. I suspect the nonrefundable deposit is to help finance the project.

Dan

Reply to
DNSH
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Crap snipped.

Name sn't familiar. Either a newbe with an attitude problem or one of our regular dipsticks using a different address.

Either way, plonk.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I have to agree that there was some major overreaction here. However, FWIW, when I see a bare (that is, unlabeled as to content) link posted here, I always ignore it, because I can't be bothered to look at something that the writer has not shown the courtesy to identify adequately in the text. 80% of the time, these things turn out to be uninteresting to me (or occasionally even spam of a sort), so now I give them a pass. I guess the other 20% is my loss, but I'm willing to go through only so much shit to find the Shinola.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert