New !

And, as a bonus, it didn't have any profanity in it. Which is all to the good, in my opinion.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Insult is the favourite weapon of the weak.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

(rant snipped)

Earlier I was thinking that you were just a sad and angry person; one unable to accept that others may not share your opinions and interests. However, after reading your latest response I see that you're simply another attention-starved troll who has no life. Good-by.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Boy, do you people need an education in a few areas.

My original post contained nothing but factual information (contained in some colorful language, I suppose) and one instance of calling a discourteous poster a "pinhead." Wow, I called a discourteous poster a pinhead. We all have different names for nitwits who don't know how to use the internet, and waste others' time in the process. I chose pinhead. I think it fits nicely.

Let's see what others had to say about that.

There's a small camp who think I was basically right, but that I over-reacted. Greg Heilers thought the original poster might be suffering from acute Dutchness rather than pinheadery, Bill Woodier figured I picked the wrong issue to come unglued over, and Mark Shynert thought my over-reaction was "major," although his personal experience has taught him that non-descriptive links are usually "shit" posted by discourteous persons or spammers and has further caused him to ignore such links at the risk of missing the good stuff.

Then there were those who were offended by my language. In fact, Rob Grinberg and Digital_Cowboy took time to mention that the original poster scored points in their books by not having any profanity in his post. Rob and Digital, I'm going to do you a favor and provide a little insight (hopefully this will prevent future upheavals). You might want to steer clear of posts from Mark Shynert and Dan Hartz (DNSH), because these bad boys use words like "shit" and "asshole." Oh my.

Or we could all listen to the advice of Dan who says that we shouldn't follow links or (I presume) read messages if we can't handle "unknown" content, whatever it should be. Maybe I'll just let Rob and Digital fight it out with Mark and Dan.

Then there is the wisdom of Serge D. Grun, who professes that "insult is the favorite weapon of the weak." Sorry, Maiesm72 ("newbie," "dipstick," "attitude problem"), Dan Hartz ("moron," "dim bulb," "asshole"), and Bill Woodier ("sad and angry person," "attention-starved troll who has no life") -- I guess we've been placed in the same camp by at least one other member in "good standing" around here. If we wanted to get picky, I suppose that calling someone "weak" could be also construed as an insult, and Serge would have to add his own name to his bad-person list. I'm not exactly sure how Serge views Greg's opinion that we should treat people differently based on their nationality...

Thanks for all of the contradictory opinions.

Now let's go back to my original post, and break it down to its primary statements. Before you harpies start shrieking, YES the remarks have been paraphrased in many cases. "The vast majority of posters/readers here are into aircraft." TRUE. "But not all of us are into aircraft." TRUE. "Not all aircraft guys are interested in WWI-vintage planes." TRUE. "Even among guys interested in WWI aircraft, not all have an interest in Austro-Hungarian planes." TRUE. "Not everyone wants to click on blind links just because they have something to do with the vast world of modeling." TRUE. "Do us a favor and tell us what you are linking to." REASONABLE.

So, colorful language aside, and laid out in a format that doesn't change a SINGLE aspect of my post's meaning but which puts it plainly enough for the local simpletons to read, my post contains nothing but true statements, a reasonable request, and an instance of name-calling where I referred to a discourteous poster as a "pinhead."

AND I'M THE ONE WHO STARTED DELAMINATING OVER THIS? (Nice line by the way, Bill.)

I posted a simple reply to a person who made a completely non-descriptive posting of a link. ("Kit review" doesn't count, because I can't imagine that any individual in this group would refuse to read a kit review of a subject he was interested in. "Resin" is only slightly useful, because even among non-resin builders, we like to know what is available in resin that might someday cause us to join that camp.) Since a resin kit review could apply to ANY of our many and varied interests, each of us could be caused to click that link (except for Mark Shynert who has learned better through experience).

Is this acceptable? Do we allow this group to gravitate to becoming one where ALL links are posted blindly, and ALL messages are devoid of meaningful information? Or should it be one where links are properly described and headers have a true and informative message?

Come to the aid of one discourteous poster if you want, but you've all shown your various frailties in this issue.

I would also offer to dispute Serge's "insult is the favorite weapon of the weak" philosophy. You see, the internet format weakens all of us, if you want to look at it that way. It is time-consuming and difficult to project an argument by typing it. Much of the language's subtle meaning is lost when there is no vocal inflection. It is always more frustrating to argue in this manner. Insult arrises from frustration and anger. Those are tangible emotions. So in the final analysis, I would only agree with your position as it applies to those who are incapable of using ANYTHING BUT insult. Those who can and do use logic -- even when it is laced with insults aimed at those who clearly demonstrate behavior that angers and frustrates -- are not truly weak.

So I stand by my previous point that someone who, in about 40 seconds of time, absent-mindedly creates a post which distracts hundreds of others (and wastes many more magnitudes of their time) deserves a loud wake-up call that transmits the level of discourtesy he has demonstrated.

And, with apologies to Serge, anyone who cannot understand this simply must be an idiot.

HD

Reply to
Hamilton Davidson
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

DC: That guy is either wrapped way too tight or, more likely, just a simple troll. Either way, the best tactic is to just ignore him or, better yet, killfile him.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

The rest of the sewage has been snipped........here's a clue, stop spewing excessive amounts of self righteous verbal sewage........in the meantime meet AzHozers in my killfile....PLONK!

Reply to
Ron

Lord Buddah taught that "What you do to another, you ultimately do to yourself." By calling him a pinhead reduces you to that status.

The Old Timer

You have W...A...Y... too much time on your hands..............................

Reply to
AM
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Please don't feed the troll.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Anyone who posts multiple rants complaining of insults and then compounding them is not going to listen to your admonitions. Killfiling an author you find obnoxious is all well and good, but I've concluded it's this thread which really needs the death penalty.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Please don't feed the troll, folks. And; pretty please don't append his ridiculous attempts to incite a word war with anyone and everyone to your posts.

Thanks......Bill

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

(rest snipped)

An even better idea! I've killed both author and subject.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Hey Bill:

How do I configure a kill file in Netscape 4.7 to get rid of all the lousy Chinese Spam suddenly coming through. Maybe we need to coin a new expression, chocphooey! I tried *@yahoo.cn but it keeps coming through.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Mark,

Just a small correction: I have never complained about insults. I give them where I think they are due (and many people feel I give them far too liberally). It was the others who complained about them. I have no problem with insults. I did make note of the insults leveled at me, because this served to show that some two-faced morons in here have been attacking me solely because I insult people, yet are conveniently ignoring the fact that others are using insults toward me. Since the people in here can't get there shit together and decide what IS or IS NOT permissible, it pretty much proves that they have no business making complaints about my post, and that I am justified in defending myself against their whining.

HD

Reply to
Hamilton Davidson

Oh.... I forgot...