OT: The Dreaded Test...

Outlook: Depressed for some reason refuses to download any new messages. Think I got it working hence the dreaded and annoying test post.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

alt.test

So did it work? :p

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 05:22:49 -0800, "Fubar of The HillPeople" wrote in :

Sorry to hear that.

Dunno if you want to try Thunderbird. I use it for e-mail. I have it configured for newsgroups, too, but I prefer Agent's interface.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

wrote in

I'll second this notion. It's 100% better and more secure.. I'm on 2.0b1 and it's great. Also ditch IE too if you have not.. FireFox 2.0 is out.

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

Don't ditch IE yet..some web sites still only work with IE..for the rest Firefox is brilliant.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's what the IETabs plugin is for. You can set certain websites (via wildcard) to open in an IE tab instead of FF. Still all in the browser. Plus you can click the little FF logo in the lower right and reload the page with the IE rendering engine.. Love it..

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

PROBABLY and ISP problem. Earth had one for several days a week or so ago.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:10:50 GMT, "Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

| Outlook: Depressed for some reason refuses to download any new messages. | Think I got it working hence the dreaded and annoying test post.

I don't know about your area, but here in Austin, RR just (as in two days ago) outsourced their news to newshosting.com, which basically means that everything got renumbered.

In your case, you still seem to be delivering news through a RR server, but perhaps you were using the outsourced server for a bit?

Ob R/C: went flying motorized gliders today -- 'twas a wonderful day to fly!

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Yes, but it requires a working copy of IE6 to be present..

It also has the downside that nay pages that auto-refresh in Ie6 will change the window focus to the page just loaded...which is really irritating when I am typing away in one window to RCGroups, and look up to find half the text never made it to the browser screen.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IE 7 sucks. And, no, I don't like change.

When I "tried" IE 7, it erased IE 6 from my hard drive. When I went to switch back, it was no longer there. Try to find a downloadable copy of IE 6 to replace the old one, without IE 6 on your machine. Where did I put that Windows XP disk??????

So, I resurrected an old copy of of the Mozilla program, whose name totally eludes me at the moment. In fact, most things elude me these days. I just woke up. Mooooore coffee....

Otherwise, Merry Christmas to all for whom it applies. And Happy Holidays to the remainder!!

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On 23 Dec 2006 03:45:13 GMT, "Doug McLaren" wrote in :

People who can read paths should put a flag in the subject line. WARNING: Expert Analysis Included! :-P

Experts: can't live with them, can't live without them! :o)

The last thing I flew was an infrared indoor helicopter. I don't know the name of it. $40 from Field's Hobbies. Amazingly light and lots of laughs. Just two channels: power & yaw. It's not good training for a real heli, because the yaw is on the right hand, but I got so that I could delay hitting the walls for longer and longer periods. Lots of fun!

Season's greetings & all best wishes to everybody for a very happy new year!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

All seems to be working now. When I first installed IE7 my onboard ethernet quit existing. I just uninstalled it and IE6 came right back online. Have since re-installed IE7.

I have since installed Firefox 2.0 but the jury is still out on that browser for me...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Is one of your plugins marketed by Glade? "Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I have found that if the site works for you - its much more picky about javascript and its default renditions are enough to blow the formatting vis a vis IE6 - its the best of the lot frankly.

I have two sites that break it currently - both financial ones - one has buttons that doesn't work due to sloppy javascript programming and render drop down tabs incorrectly..and the other takes about 3 minutes to load each page, because somewhere deep inside is a piece of code that causes endless javascript computation before it gives up.

Neither of these are noddy sites..both very large companies with multibillion turnovers..;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hey Marty, I just bought that helicopter a week or so ago..... I am having a blast in my house. Just stay away from the A/C vents cause that just blows the thing all over the place and I can almost never recover before it hits something. When the A/C is not on, it is real fun. I can fly it around my family room in circles and figure eights. It does seem that from flight to flight it takes a couple of minutes to get it trimmed again. It is fun, even if it is not like my other helicopter. I would recommend this thing for any rc'er for indoors. It basically won't hurt anything. I do think it should be priced at about $30, but I paid $40 and will do it again if/when this one breaks.

Robert

Mart> On 23 Dec 2006 03:45:13 GMT, "Doug McLaren"

wrote in :

Reply to
Robert Barkus

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:48:06 -0500, Robert Barkus wrote in :

Good point. It is very, very light and definitely responds to air currents.

I have a suspicion that the trims are not saved when we turn the power off on the TX.

Every flight ends in a crash landing for us. But nothing has broken yet. I gave mine to a kid today. He'll probably find the breaking point Any Day Now. :-O

They probably will have replacement helis and/or other toys to work with the TX. It's got three "frequencies" (A, B, C) and ought to long outlast the heli itself.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ