P2V Neptune Plans

As a former Navy Aircrew member, I would like to make a scale model of the P2V Neptune. Does anyone know of a ny plans available??

maineac58

Hi,

Got some gold wings I earned in the Neptune too. And yes, one day I will be doing that project. Anyway, I got a set of plans from a fellow at an annual squadron reunion. They are packed away right now for a move, so not easy to locate. Also, last month's issue of the AMA mag had a photo and some verbage about a guy near Whidbey Island that built a larger ( maybe 6 foot???) model. That was a P2V-7 from VP69.

So, plans are available, and it might be worth looking at the back issues of the AMA mag. There may have been a contact e-mail.

Good Luck with your project!

CWO-4 Rich....

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

Reply to
rich

Try "Bob Banka's Scale Model Research" (say that five times quickly...)

If it's commercially avaialble, he's probably got it.

Alternate would be

Amazing what that guys got tucked away. Downside is that the scans are not top quality.

Reply to
byrocat

byrocat

Hello!

I built a 1/12th-scale model of the P2V-7; I think a photo and som details were in a recent issue of the AMA magazine. I can send you short descritption of the model, and a few photos if you're interested As far as I know, there are no 'commercial' plans for a scale/R version of the aircraft; however, I haven't searched recently, s perhaps some have finally become available.

Regards,

David Plumme

-- David F. Plumme

----------------------------------------------------------------------- David F. Plummer's Profile:

this thread:

David F. Plummer

And I did a set of graphics for David's P2V-7... Sitll have them on file...

Cheers,

Bill

View this thread:

Bill Fulmer

While it won't help with plans directly, you can probably contact someone at

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Check out this web site. The third notice down has P2V control lin

plans. Not very big but looks workable to me.

Scale them up and go flying!

Good luc

-- vp42crew

----------------------------------------------------------------------- vp42crew9's Profile:

this thread:

vp42crew9

Sorry about the bad link. This is the correct address:

Kind regards,

vp42crew

-- vp42crew

----------------------------------------------------------------------- vp42crew9's Profile:

this thread:

vp42crew9

If anyone is still looking, I found a great set of plans for the Neptune and a kit cutter that cuts the short kit.

Reply to
bearcat3862

Hi Bearcat,

I have a set of Neptune plans from MA. Are these the same plans that you found, or do you have different ones?

Also, what information do you have for a kit cutter?

Like some of you, I'm also a VP Sailor. Most of my time is in P-3's though. They were just getting rid of the Neptunes when I joined so I never had a ride in one, though I do have a soft spot. for it. I sat SS1.

I also have several photos of a P-2V5 that is being restored in Long Island at Floyd Bennet Field, if that is of interest to anyone.

Bob

Reply to
N1EDM

I have Plans for a P2V7 104" WS about 98" long Plans are from scalercmodels.com I'm looking for a kit cutter?? I also was a crew member VP1 crew 4,7,1 1967-1970

Reply to
KY4ANN

Hello Bill Fulmer, Were those graphics that you have for the P-2V for the model that was in Model Aviation a few years ago, or was it another model?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
N1EDM