GWServo S06/2BBMG" heavy duty servo acts funny ?

I have a "GWServo S06/2BBMG" heavy duty servo I bought off of eBay last year. Seems to work OK, except that sometimes when I set some positions
after 90 degrees using a Phidgets Servo controller, it reverses almost back to zero and then moves to the desire position. I don't have any other servo controllers to try it out with at the moment.
Does this sound like a problem with the Phidgets controller / software or does it sound like a bad servo ? I don't want to ask the Phidgets guys to look into it if just sounds like a fluke problem with the servo itself.
Has anyone ever experienced similar behavior ?
Thanks ! JCD
A bad feedback potentiometer can cause that sort of stuff.
You could try taking it apart, and applying tuner cleanr to the pot.
Failing that, GWS in california may help.

back
servo
Connect another servo in parallel. If both twitch at the same time, look at the controller - otherwise it is probably a servo pot problem.

Great feedback from both you guys! Thanks!

back
servo