PCM or PPM?

But does PCM jsut hide the problems ????

As for fly aways - depends what you set the failsafe mode to do - full down elevator probably prevents fly-aways :-)

PCM certainly did my heli a mischief when it locked out and drifted the heli into the ground on idle throttle.

I use PPM dual conversion ......

CW

Reply to
C W

With PCM any interference is masked because, most people just leave it on the default, which is to 'lock' the controls. With PPM, you will see glitches in the flight and land the plane, before a potential crash, and try to find the problem.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

Quote:

With PCM any interference is masked because, most people just leave it on the default, which is to 'lock' the controls. With PPM, you will see glitches in the flight and land the plane, before a potential crash, and try to find the problem. ......................................

In your dream world it might..............

Reply to
Courseyauto

My "dream world" is out on the flying field, where it DOES happen. It's happened to me.

A plane will twitch in the air, indicating intermittent interference. That's when you land and investigate. Continual interference, such as someone turning on a transmitter on your channel, is usually fatal no matter what mode you fly.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Ok bit of a cheat really! He's just starting again after about a year out of it. He was adamant that he wanted a P51 and I managed to get hold of a cheap 2nd hand HAL. As it can be swutched on/off during flight it'll only be used if he gets into real trouble! Once he's OK we'll remove it but I don't want to total around £400 for the sake of not having it as backup.

Looking at the info on the HAL, it can be used on almost any aircraft.

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

It's happened to me as well. It's a real thing, not something made up and I'd bet that anybody who's flown enough has had it happen to them as well.

Of course I think a plane that's able to show it helps. I.e. a slow trainer that barely responds to a full deflection control command won't show much reaction to a hit whereas a 3D capable plane will show a hit pretty easily.

Reply to
Matthew P. Cummings