Field Force 7 failsafe question

Just got one of these 2nd hand but never used. I'm trying to sort out
the failsafe settings but I don't seem to be able to change it from
50% on any channel?
Anyone know how to do it? I've followed the instructions but nothing
seems to change it?
TIA
cheers,
Len
Reply to
Len Cuff
Failsafe only works with PCM. Is your MOD setting PPM or PCM?
Jim - AMA 501383
Len Cuff wrote:
Reply to
James D Jones
It's set to PCM, the problem is that when it's set at 50% (which I can't change!!) and I set the throttle to idle for instance, if the Rx drops into failsafe for any reason, the throttle go to 50% !! Not a lot of good really. I just need to know how to change it to a lower setting, say 15%.
cheers, Len
Reply to
Len Cuff
Hi Len,
To set the failsafe you must first work your way through the programming options to the F/S option. Next press a cursor key repeatedly to select the channel you want then use the data input keys to select the type of failsafe that you want. + gives you HOLD and - gives Failsafe. Failsafe is set for each channel in turn by using the cursor keys to select the channel to be set then ( for example) hold the throttle at 15% and press the data input keys simultaneously. This sets the failsafe value for that channel, use the cursor keys to move on to the next channel to be set and repeat the process until all of the channels have been set. It takes longer to type than to do!
Regards
Paul
Reply to
William Freeman
OOPS! forgot to say enter SET mode after selecting channel to be set and before pressing the data keys to set the failsafe value.
Reply to
William Freeman
Many thanks, finaly figured it out. I didn't realise that once either hold or f/s had been selected for all the channels you had to move the cursor PAST channel 7 to get the SET to flash!! All sorted now.
cheers, Len
Reply to
Len Cuff