Places to fly in Davis County, Utah?

Can anyone recommend good places to fly in Davis County? I'm a rank beginner, and as such, would prefer a place that caters to people of my skill level. I'm not just interested in sites frequented by flyers. Public land where I can learn to fly without bothering others (or being bothered) would also be good.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Matt Senecal

Hey Matt - Lived in Weber county until 1997. Don't know if the following info is still current. I flew down at a public field on the 215 bypass just east of the SLC airport. Nice paved runway and not too crowded. Dues were on a day use basis ($4 -ish) or you could get a year pass pretty cheap. When I left in 1997, I was just getting ready to join a club off of 12th St in Ogden WAY out near the Great Salt Lake. They also have a nice paved runway. Last, I did see some guys flying somewhere around Centerville right next to I-15 (on the west side). Didn't look like anything organized and not much of a runway. You should check out a local hobby shop for more (current!) information.

Reply to
propbuster2