How legal is it to launch rockets in Canada?

Hi all,

I've been interested on and off in amateur rocketry, and since Ive read the FAQ I wont ask "how much of this do you mix with that" questions. In fact I have no plans to start anything, just gathering information and feasibility of the hobby.

How legal is it to launch rockets in Canada. I know in a remote place lighting up a small firecracker without threatening the forests cant be illegal. So where is the line?

Specifically how far is a rocket allowed to go up, liquid or solid fuelled, single or multistaged and rocket/motor size involved. If theres one authoritative source of information please direct me.

Reply to
Ghazan Haider

Hi, Ghazon, Get ahold of your brethren of the CAR. Look here, they'll surley answer all of your questions.

default

go across the border and fire the rocket

surley answer all

Reply to
NEW_ARM_designer

I'm from Pakistan. Do you have ANY idea what that'll do to me :)

Reply to
Ghazan Haider

Nothing.

  1. It ain't India. Your government doesn't care.
  2. It's Canada. Canada is one of the Axis of Evil:

Syria Iran Iraq Libya (just got much easier to invade) France Germany Russia Canada Saudi Arabia Lebanon Cuba Brazil Columbia Argentina Panama China Viet Nam Cambodia

So it's on the list of countries we plan to invade. So it's not like the United States would make a big stink out of it. Bush never did like the cartoons the former Prime Minister did, especially the ones about his father. The CIA wants everyone to think he died from medical problems exacerbated by the death of his son in 1998 in an avalanche.

Not that the avalanche was natural.... Clinton didn't like being made fun of in the comics, either.

How hard should it be to defeat Canada? A big chunk of the country speaks French. That can't be good militarily....

Zooty

(Y'all think I'm kidding? There's someone who actually thinks this is a good idea (ok, so I'm exaggerating a bit, but not much):

)

Reply to
zoot

... And you guys *are* the mythical eight-hundred-pound gorilla, right...? ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

We are the only remaining superpower.

Bow before us and tremble.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Someone else has already pointed you to CAR's website. Certainly a good start. In answer to your question, it would depend on where in Canada you want to fly. If you are close enough to Roc Lake (home of LDRS XXIV), we have had waivers there to 30k', and may well be getting higher waivers. Presently we can fly up to "O" motors, and under proposed legislation, which CAR (by request of Transport Canada) helped to write, there will be provision to fly larger motors of any size, although with an extra level of oversight. This legislation wll also allow (in suitable areas, and with appropriate preparation and coordination with the authorities) flights of unlimited altitude.

That is the regulations at sanctioned high power launches. On the flip side, most cities have laws restricting flying low / mid power rockets on public land within their boundaries.

Leon Kemp CAR S561

Reply to
Leon Kemp

So I guess that we should perhaps pull the 2000 troops that we have supporting you in Afghanistan out of there, and also pull out our supply and support ships that are supporting your activities in the Gulf.

Gary Trudeau (an American) was no relation of Pierre Trudeau (whom many Canadians have no love for).

You have already tried twice. The last time we burnt Washington.

Written with tongue as firmly in cheek as yours was.

Reply to
Leon Kemp

After I posted that, I got to wondering "What if someone thinks I'm serious?" I was hoping the Gary/Pierre Trudeau mixup would make it obvious....

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Given the sorry state of our military, I kinda doubt we could do it again... :-(

Reply to
Len Lekx

Hey - so it's my role in life to play 'Straight Man'... ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Oh no! We surely get more invaders from Mexico than from any other axis of evil.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Think about this for a second.

Who's this administration beholden to? Big business.

Who was the previous administration beholden to? Big business.

Cut off a supply of cheap labor that won't complain about trivial things like unsafe work conditions or unfair wages, and you'll have Wal-Mart and who knows who else kvetching. Someone's gotta take all the crap jobs Americans are smart enough to not want....

Ever wonder why we can' stop the illegal immigration? Because we don't want to.

Zooty

(Tongue still in cheek - I think....)

Reply to
zoot

"We" want to stop it. The politicians and their owners are the ones who want to keep the supply of abused labor coming. Who's hiring all those illegal housekeepers and fruit pickers? It's not Joe Citizen, it's the rich and powerful.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Do you shop at Wal-Mart? Do you complain about fruit and vegetable prices?

I could go on and on.

It's all of us.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

I actually try hard not to shop there. Then they opened one up right down the road from my house at an old Kroger corrner.

They ruined the neigborhood(s) on all four corners and now the traffic in this once calm area is now hell.

I stopped in on opening day, to see what the hubub was about. Saw nothing I could not live without, and got a scrape waiting back for me on the side of my truck. The drivers door, the cargo door and the bed. three panels, $900, nice $250 price to visit that store.

I figure it would take 10 years of shopping their to save that much money over other stores, So I tell myself no-reason to stop their. So far it's been working, and I'll just get that nice shot gun from my buddie's small town store instead.

Art

Reply to
ArtU