Does anyone know of a spot to launch rockets in Illinois?

Hi, I will be visiting Bloomington Illinois, ISU area and I need a place to launch some rockets. The rockets I will be launching are c, d, e, f, and g engines and will fly below 2000 feet. I have some beepers, but would like to not loose my rockets if possible. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

Reply to
googlwatson

Will Marchant

When are you going to be there? My club is about 50 miles East of Bloomington, in Champaign. We have launches the second and fourth Saturdays of every month. Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Christopher Brian Deem

Hi Christopher, I am pretty sure that I will be there on Aug 12 which is the 2nd Saturday. 50 miles is doable. How can I find your group? I see that you have level II, is there anyway that I can test for level

1 while I'm there? I'v been shoot> When are you going to be there? My club is about 50 miles East of
Reply to
googlwatson

Our website is at

You don't take a test for level one, you just launch a rocket, however, you do need to be a member of the NAR or TRA. We can do both. Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II