Great Annual Rocket Launch in central Illinois

Central Illinois Aerospace
presents
G A R L O 2 0 0 5
The Great Annual Rocket Launch Of 2005 (16th Annual Launch-and-Lunch)
"Winged Spaceships"
July 2, 2005
What:    A purely-for-fun rocket launch. NAR Safety Code approved     rockets only. We will be awarding ribbons for winners of 8 fun     (for fun) events, Winged Spaceships, real-world or fictional     spacecraft with wings, Best of Show (Static), Best of Show     (Flying), and Spot Landing (controlled glider, uncontrolled     rocket and uncontrolled glider) and Spaceplane Glider Duration,     if your Winged Spaceship recovers by gliding. In addition we     will be flying the Moon Rocket competition from GARLO 2004 that     was cancelled by rain. We also have a large number of "Prang"     ribbons as consolation prizes.
    A potluck dinner and cookout will follow the launch. We'll have     burgers and such and suggest that people bring salads, desserts     and drinks.
Where:    Pick Dodds Park near Parkland Jr. College in Champaign,     Illinois. Potluck dinner at the Sivier home, 204 N. Division in     Mahomet.
When:    Launch from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 2, 2005.     Potluck dinner following the launch.
Waiver:    FAA waiver to 4000' MSL (~3250' AGL), H motor limit (320 nt-sec)
Who:    Central Illinois Aerospace (CIA) is Champaign-Urbana's rocketry     club, affiliated with the Champaign Park District, the Champaign     County Cultural Consortium, the National Association of Rocketry     (NAR) and the Tripoli Rocketry Association.
Check out the GARLO webpage at:
    http://www.prairienet.org/cia/garlo.html
As usual we will be issuing a GARLO shirt. The design is still being worked out. The price for this year's shirts will be $12.00. As always these will be a limited edition collectors item. We will have a few extra for sale at the launch, but if you want to guarantee yourself a GARLO 2005 shirt we must receive your order ASAP. Contact Jonathan at
sure to specify number and size(s). Payment can be made when you pick up your shirt(s), in cash or a check made out to "Central Illinois Aerospace".
----- Jonathan Sivier Secretary, Central Illinois Aerospace jsivier AT uiuc.edu NAR #56437 Tripoli #1906 CIA Web Site: http://www.prairienet.org/cia / Home Page: https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsivier/www / ----- "Remember to always keep the pointy end up."