The Carbondale Central?

Upstream a bit is a thread regarding Malcom Furlow's latest model railroad to appear in MR. While the general feeling is that his current offering is done in a fashion way outside the hobby's main stream ideals, Furlow did do a much better accepted layout about 1989 in MR's Carbondale Central. Done as a highly detailed urban setting, although its trackplan was rather simplistic it proved quite impressive in appearance.

Now most of MR's project layouts have survived and the majority are in private hands today. This being so, does anyone here know the fate of the Carbondale Central?

CNJ999

Reply to
JBortle

John knows of what he speaks. Althgough I've never purchased the book with the Carbondale Central in it... I've tried committing pieces of the article to memory when visiting my local hobby shop. I think Furlow may go to an excess for his own personal amusement.. none of us are obligated to try to prove ourselves to anyone else... and he's undoubtedly aware of it... but as for Carbondale? This is a different Furlow and one well worth looking into. Good post John.

Art Fahie

Reply to
Art Fahie

For what it's worth, Andy Sperandeo has related to me today that in spite of being a Project Layout, MR never had the CC in their offices and as far as he knows, Furlow apparently did not take the layout with him when he moved to New Mexico. So...the ultimate fate of the Carbondale Central remains a mystery.

Incidentally, Andy notes that a layout based on the CC will appear in the next installment of Kalmbach's "Great Model Railroads", coming this fall.

JB

Reply to
JBortle

"JBortle" <