Poor shelf life-Great Planes Pro Epoxies

Just a warning for everyone.... I've bought four packages of Great Planes Pro Epoxies over the last 2 years, two of the 6 min and two of the 30 min. I wanted to have some as spares.
All four packages are still in their original packaging, unopened. The resin component has gelled (hardened) in in every package. I've had bottles of epoxies last for years and years, this is a first. You might want to buy a different brand until they can fix this shelf life issue.
Probably the same thig SIG has changed to recently. Absolute crap that the shelf life is shorter than the length of 1 or 2 projects! What gives???
-Mark

years,
bottles
buy
It's called, they want more of your money.
--
Hugs are the perfect gift, One size fits all.
"Markerbeacon" <mad snipped-for-privacy@remove.netconx.net> wrote in message
Out of sheer frustration I experimented a little with one of the bottles of gelled resin (not catalyst). I found that by putting it in my microwave for about 10 seconds, I can bring it back to liquid form. Of course, you want to open the top first so it can vent. A total PITA to have to do this with "new" bottles of epoxy. Two thumbs down to Great Plains on this product.

The

Never used GP epoxy.
I do have a few bottles of the 'generic LHS' variety, and it seems to have a decent shelf life.
I also use West Systems epoxy, with the dispenser pumps.
Never ever had a bad mix or a bad batch. A bit expensive to set up the first time (buying the epoxy and pumps) but after that it's very reasonable. Doesn't seem to _have_ a shelf life; still like new after two years in the shed with the pumps installed. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com
I had the same problem ! I emailed a nasty-gram to Great Planes about the problem. Their reply was drop the tube in boiling water for a few minutes - it worked ! It is still liquid several months later.
David

Thanks for that info. I'll try that on the next tube, instead of the microwave.