Good CA in small bottles!

Well, after all this time telling folks not to buy any rocket adhesive from a mass market store, I've got to make a retraction. I'd been looking for
SMALL packages of CA for range box use. I really hate it when an ounce of expensive CA turns into a rock from sitting in the range box. I finally found and tried a small inexpensive package, and have been quite satisfied. It's made by www.chemence-us.com and is called Kwik-Fix Superglu+. It's packaged in a 6 gram (.2 oz) bottle. Says Made in USA, unlike most of the junk out there. The cap has a self cleaning pin that prevents clogs. Best of all, it's a whole $0.97 at WalMart.
But after I bought my first one I couldn't find it again. Today I brought the packaging from the old bottle in, and they scanned it and said "Department 82" which is the stuff hung at the register caps, and scattered around the store. Sure enough, in the hobby aisle, near the rockets and plastic kits, was one of those clip hangers with a bunch of bottles hanging there. You might find it hidden elesewhere, so ask if you have to. UPC code is 7 29812 50018 7.
And if you really like it, find me a Pencam SD and send it to me. I'll pay for the camera and reasonable shipping. Can you tell I REALLY want one (or two or three) of these suckers...
Alright! Another glue thread! I've been using something called Loctite Quicktite Super Glue Gel. It comes in a weird-looking blue and silver plastic container. This stuff sticks things solidly in about 2 seconds. Great for tacking fins in place to get ready epoxying.
Joe Michel NAR# 82797

from
satisfied.
of
scattered
hanging
code
http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
http://www.space-rockets.com/congress.html

The code shows where the registration was issued, not the country of origin of the product.
7 is also USA/Canada.
See http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/upccode.html or http://www.eccc.org/public/barcodes/faqs_upc.html or http://www.mecsw.com/specs/ean_cc.html for info.
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ SeaNAR - The Seattle NAR Section #568

just out of curiousity, what's Taiwan?
tai fu wrote:

It's a small island country off the coast of China.
David (couldn't resist) Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

I wonder why Godzilla snubbed Taiwan for Japan? :)

471.
See the first link that I gave; it has a list of the registration country codes.
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ SeaNAR - The Seattle NAR Section #568
Two notes:
1) I usually get the $0.89 blister pack at the supermarket as I open the tube, use what I need and throw it away. Always fresh.
2) On a related line, There is an absolutely phenomenal adhesive by loctite called Black Max (#330) - Get your hands on some if you are doing plastic to plastic bonding.you will love the results.
It

from
satisfied.
of
scattered
hanging
code
http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
http://www.space-rockets.com/congress.html
writes:

I've found the supermarket packs to be worthless the second I open them.

Not sure who came out with this first. Got a sample of one of the brands at RCHTA a few years ago. It's a rubberized CA. Great where flexibility is needed, but it seemed to turn into a brick even faster than the low fume stuff. I never found a particular need where it was better than regular CA.
I found the Loctite 330 works, as you noted where flexibility was the key. I found good success in lightweight bonding of fins where they are surface mount, and you don't want to go through the hassle of epoxy. The nice thing is that the adhesive is somewhat flexible and tends to forgive a rough landing.
As to the supermarket stuff, I gues it's a personal call. I open it up, fix something, and toss it inside of 5 minutes.
writes:

loctite
plastic to

at
CA.
http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
http://www.space-rockets.com/congress.html
snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (Kevin Kuczek) writes:

Most of the mass market (Krazy Glue et al) is gell. None of it is made in USA. Those seem to be the major differences. Plus this stuff I found has a self uncloging cap that seems to work well.
I generally get the 4-pack of "Super Glue" tube from "Super Glue Corporation" (tm's of Pacer Corp) from Home Depot for under $2. Can't say that I've done heavy-duty comparisons, but it seems to work OK (and it IS the thin stuff.) Made in Japan...
BillW