Still looking for Pencam SD

I'm still trying to track down the WalMart Pencam SD that Chris Taylor posted about a week ago. But the thread already expired from my newsreader :-(

BRich posted the UPC code of the camera, 065388600078. Unfortunately that was the Pencam VGA that we don't want. Any one have the UPC for the Pencam SD? Or know which stores have them for the $29.88 price? I'd really like to pick up one (or 2) at that price!

BTW, my local store couldn't look up anything online. They CALLED 3 local stores to try to dind an SD, but found nothing. It's looking more and more like WM just got a misshipment of the wrong camera, and a few got the good one instead of the cheapo.

Bob Kaplow

Shall we assume that you already did your own web search for 'Pencam SD UPC' ?

If Wal-Mart got a wrong shipment, the items would not have UPC codes in the computer and they could not sell them without some sort of over-ride. It can be done, but it usually only happens when items have been discontinued for over 6 months.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

well I have seen them before at walmart (for the $70 and $99 price tag)

but I have checked 3 other walmarts in my area and NONE Of them have this camera.

the one that did (where I got mine) WAS a Brand Spanking new walmart (just opened july 16th) so that might be the difference.

their is another walmart on the way to work that is only 6 months or so old I want to check out but I will be unable to do so for almost 2 weeks (before I will be in this area again)

I am very glad I bought the third. gives me a backup if I prang one :-) they are also capable of hodling over 300 pictures at highest res witha 128meg card installed. that is a lot of flying before you need a download :-) and even if you crash you are almost assured that the SD card will survive since it is very small and durable) and you do not need the camera to download (jsut an SD card reader) since it saves to the card in real jpg and avi formats.

I think I threw away the boxes so no UPC I will check the dumpster and see if its still their and if so get the UPC for you.

One defining feature is each one comes with a real photograph (printed from the camera) attached to the front of the box to show the res it cam capture.

Chris Taylor Jr

nope. these rung right up no problems.

I am hoping this walmart will get more but suspect that even if they do they will not be at this wonderful price anymore :-(

Chris Taylor Jr

I check the WalMart in my area yesterday, and they had the older Pencam VGA on sale for $29.88.

Bruce Canino

This is so frustrating...

Has any one besides Chris seen the Pencam SD for 29.88? I'd be glad to pay someone to ship me a couple. Or maybe a case :-)

Bob Kaplow

No. He just got lucky.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bob, I just bought one tonight and my Walmart had one more on the shelf. If you want I can buy it for you and send. Send me an email if intrested.

Mike

Reply to
Mshick68