looking for a train lunchbox

cross-posted to rec.models.railroad and misc.kids

for once, google does not seem to be my friend. or maybe what i want doesn't exist? hard to believe. my son starts kindergarten this month and i am looking to buy him a lunchbox he will really love.

i am looking for a lunchbox with a picture of a diesel train on it. and NOT thomas the tank engine, a real train. any real diesel train, not steam. on the other hand, i would prefer a Santa Fe, a BN, a CSX, or (here's a stretch) a Monon. i've tried to search cafepress, since i think they sell lunchboxes, but i'm not getting anywhere. :-(

can anyone here help me out?

-- Vicki. Married DH May, 1995. Ima shel Stubborn, born 11/99; Chatty, born 5/02, and Snuggly, born 9/8/04. Pregnant, breastfeeding or both since February 1999.

Reply to
vyxter

I found a Lionel train lunch box. No picture of a train though, just the words. You can find it here:

Also, I did find a CSX train lunch box here:
Hope these help.

Reply to
Sue

"Up and down the Monon, everything is fine, 'cause the rootin-tootin' Monon she's a Hoosier Line!"

Sorry , couldn't resist!

You may have to buy a generic metal lunchbox and decoupage a picture that you've downloaded.

Reply to
tracrt

Did a search on eBay for "lunchbox train -thomas" and found 8 there. Some were a bit expensive at the buynow price but I'd suspect that they'll go for a fair bit less. Search the completed items for prices that the boxes will probably go for.

Bob May

I also found one that was plain brown soft lunch box with a clear zippered pocket in front. Originally it had a scooby doo picture in there that you could reverse but my kid doesn't like things with characters so we took that out and put something else in - could have been a train :-)

Reply to
Nikki

I think this is more what the OP had in mind. No Thomas!

Reply to
tracrt

Here's and eBay search with several possibilities:

VManes

Don't mind a bit! We have a video from our local library about the Monon line, my son wants to borrow it VERY frequently. :-) So I've seen it over and over, and I know that song pretty well. It makes me so sad that once upon a time I could have caught a real passenger train right here in my town, but now I have to drive and drive just to ride on a museum train.

Anyway, more on topic, thanks for all the help you've all given me. Some of those ebay boxes look great, but a bunch of them are very old and rusty looking. Great collectibles, not great for everyday use - especially by a 5yr old! But I bid on one and I'm watching others.

I'm also totally intrigued by the CSX lunchbox Sue found. I clicked that link and discovered I'd downloaded an adobe file. The lunchbox was in the file, but I can't figure out how to buy one. The web address mentioned in the file doesn't seem to have a page for selling anything. But I got an email address so I've emailed them to ask about the lunchbox. My kid would just LOVE that lunchbox. I hope it is still for sale at a price I'm willing to pay. Thanks, Sue!