Clausing 5914 Manual posted to the dropbox

I finally got around to scanning the manual for the Clausing 5914 lathe:
<http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Clausing_5914_Manual.txt
<http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Clausing_5914_Manual.pdf
The PDF file is a very clear scan of 41 pages (one page being a fold-out), but weighs in at 11 megabytes.
I was unable to open it for viewing in either Safari or Firefox, but downloading to disk then opening with Acrobat works correctly.
Joe Gwinn

Sweet. Lots of similarities to the 6903.
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:36:04 -0400, Joseph Gwinn

Joe:
Would you be offended if I grab a copy of th file and add it to the NEMES download page? That way it will be in more than one location in case of digital diasaster.
http://neme-s.org/Shaper%20Books/shaper_book_page.htm
Errol Groff

No objection. Go right ahead.
Joe Gwinn

    :-)
    Did you scan to pure black and white? That can reduce the size significantly, and photos will still show up properly because they were printed as halftones anyway.

    Downloading to disk and opening it with xpdf was almost as good.
=====================================================================Error: PDF version 1.6 -- xpdf supports version 1.5 (continuing anyway) request id is color-247 (standard input) ====================================================================    The first line is the complaint because Adobe keeps "upgrading" PDF and I'm always a version or two behind.
    The second is a successful send to the color laserjet printer (which is used even on B&W documents because it also prints in duplex, so fewer pages. Better to send it to the printer while I'm doing other things than to wait for each page to be rendered on the screen.
    Now I can compare our machines to the same level of detail which you already could do. :-)
    Thanks,         DoN.

The machine I used is B&W only, but perhaps the scanner is color.
I'll have to check the document properties. Photoshop Elements declares it a bitmap, "color mode 0", which makes sense. When I scanned it, I set the mode to "text" (by which they mean line art, either white or black).

Renegade! You probably spend your spare time out in the countryside blowing transmission lines up.

A levelling of the playing field?
Joe Gwinn