Things of Science: Gemini III model

After emptying some of my father's old boxes I found a model rocket kit in it's original packaging. It is the Gemini III Model (Unit No. 295) from "Things of Science" and it is dated 1965. It was distributed for free by Science Service, the Institution for the Popularization of Science.

Is this type of rocket kit collected by anybody?

Thanks,

Ferrell Wheeler Email: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (please respond to me by email, also)

Reply to
Ferrell S. Wheeler

Yes it is valuable. Keep it safe and post it as an auction item on

or just sell it to a deserving and worthwhile person like Peter Alway. He publishes books on scale models and even if HE auctioned it and kept the money. he wouold probably use the money to travel to collect yet more scale data of general benefit of rocketeers for decades to come.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

... It was distributed for free by

Hey! looks like an organization we could user right now

Reply to
tater schuld

great weekly magazine and yes they still run the science fairs. every year the winners sound more like PhD projects but these kids are still in high school!! wowie!

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner