IMMEDIATE ATTENTION suggested if you want a cool digicam for Rocketry !!! Check this out fast

I think walmart SCREWED UP !!

I just got a Aiptek Pencam SD for $29.99 !!! (bought all three)

this can is 1.3megapixel horizontal configuration (not vertical)

it can accept SD memory cards ($52 for 128mb at walmart) which can hold over

300 1.3mp images or 7/22 minutes of NO sound avi !! (640x480/320x240)

Very cool !! its a $69.99 camera so I think they screwed up !! not sure if this is all walmarts so GO CHECK !! (it usually has sample 4x picture print attached to the package !!

COOOL deal and AVI length is unlimited !! (but only available with SD card inserted)

something else cool !! it actually records to the SD card IN real JPG and AVI format so you do NOT have to use the software. this means you can use a SD/MMC reader to download the contents of the card !! (much faster download than through the cable)

it even comes with a cool neckstrap (with seperator clip) AAA batteries and a nifty little tripod (thinking MMaxx Launch pad !!

VERY cool !!

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

My digital camera does the same but uses USB for the connection. This is dirt cheap compared to the camera and not much worse on stills (2.1 vs 1.3mp and the same on avi's 640x480.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

this also sues usb but I do not like usb download its always seems slower when you usb via the camera (except for one like nikon where its just mass data storage adaptor nothing "proprietary")

I like popping the memory card and downloading direct from it.

this is not a high quality camera but $30 for 1.3mp is just awesome !!! the avi function is just fluff to make it sweeter.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

I've been flying the Aiptek mini DV. It's held up great with flight stresses exceeding 15K and 60G's on a couple of flights. Has sound and video. A couple of snapshots from the video below.

http://northwestrocketry/uploads/snapshot(11).bmp http://northwestrocketry/uploads/snapshot(16).bmp http://northwestrocketry/uploads/liftoff.jpg Mike Fisher Binder Design

Mfreptiles

Oops, sorry. Site must not allow remote linking or I got the URL's wrong. Visit the uploads page at http://northwestrocketry for pics and a small downloadable movie in wmf.

Mike F.

Reply to
Mfreptiles

I took a long lunch to run the closest wal-mart to me. for now, thats a long way away. they had none, to bad for me.

I picked up a SD card for my other stuff while I was their, good prices.

Reply to
art upton

The local wally was not honoring this error.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Drat. Local Wal-Mart had never heard of it, and it doesn't turnup on walmart.com.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

I stopped by the walmart on my way home this evening. Yes they had a pencam for 29.88. No it wasn't the SD. It was the VGA Trio, which IIRC is functionally equivalent to the Pencam 2 I've already got. No removable memory cards. I passed.

Maybe they got some of the newer model at some stores. Sounds like you got a deal.

If any one finds one of the SD cameras in the Chicago area, let me know.

Bob Kaplow

With some searching, I've found SD cards for less. The one I bought a couple months ago for my Camcorder was $39.xx for 128MB after the rebate.

Bob Kaplow

yes the mini dv is VERY cool but alas it is much larger and not $30 :-)

I have a minidv that I am putting in a rocket as well but for stills the SD is nice since I can download to anything even without usb (although I have usb)

if you have an old 486 laptop you can use this since you just need a pcmcia SD card adaptor.

plus 1.3mp for $30 is tough to beat and the pictures are really not bad considering the price :-)

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

so did mine !! the original trio for $29.88 I took up the SD just out of curiosity expecting them to price it at $69.99

when she said $30 ($29.something) I said WOW ring up 2 I will go back and get the other.

then I saw a third. so the next day (friday) I went in and bought the third and final unit they had.

Chris Taylor Jr

UPC is 065388600078. Price was $29.88. You could ask an associate to do an item search. They can look in stores up to 150 miles away with their hand held (Unit that looks like a gray gun with a LCD screen). I plan on doing that at work today. Bill Richardson

Reply to
BRich

I sent someone else. I was busy engineering big ass motors in seclusion lakefront on the boat.

Finally I saw a like minded soul last weekend. He had a dog however. Was on the boat quite a distance from the shore on the computer, lounging in the boat, sipping wine. 802.11 is in some ways a lifestyle miracle.

My batteries last longer, my screen is bigger and my content is far more exciting :)

And MGD replaces the red wine in my case.

I suspect from my experience it not only was an error but somehow a local one, which as you know dealing with wallymart is hard to happen.

I only checked one. When I go down the hill (I only have to go besause some fool thinks we HAVE to fire an S motor) I will check others. But online does not have it and that is also a telltale sign.

Jerry

The rocket manufacturer lifestyle can really rock at times.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I was in a hurry to get it because I already have a 128mb SD in stock and a reader via my digital camera (it stores data just fine BTW).

I will now look for a full price alternative and WISH I could find one with higher resolution VIDEO. So refer me to high cost alternatives!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

My guess is that this is a new item, and they ahve multipe UPC codes that al map to the same SKU. Perhaps thye couldn't get enough of one unit to fill the need, do they got some others to tide them over.

I'm still gonna try and find the SD model, although I'm 0 for 2 at local CHicago area stores.

Bob Kaplow