Syncrowave 180 SD for sale

I recently purchased a new Dynasty 200DX It means I need to sell My 180SD.It is like the one in the link below . Its the model before the present 180

It does have the wheel kit on it. I live in Saugus Calif. Which is North of LA about 30 miles. If someone in this group needs one I will let it go for $500. It is in great shape.

I would rather sell it to someone who needs a tig machine and appreciates that it is a good price. It would need to be picked up.

Reply to
Jim Bloomfield

Sniff. Why couldn't you be just a little bit closer?

Sounds like a really good price, but unfortunately it's about 1000 miles away.

JW

Reply to
cyberzl1

Reply to
RoyJ

Reply to
Jim Bloomfield

If not, I'd put it on E-bay you will get a lot more for it than you are asking- no doubt about it.

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

Your price is about a third of what that machine would go for here in central Texas... I too would drive a couple of hundred miles to get it...

Reply to
Emmo

Reply to
Robert Ball

Heh heh...The ONLY way you can buy a Syncrowave 180 in Austin is to buy it new. Believe me, I tried.

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

not true...I sold my syncro 180 to a fella in cedar park (austin area) before I got my thermal arc 185. And I bought it used in Austin this was about 1 year ago or so .

Reply to
acrobat ants

I just got myself a thermal arc 185 recently too. I was all set to get the SD 180 from Miller but at the last second bought the thermal arc. Since you had the 180 and now have the thermal arc I was wondering why you got rid of one for the other, are you glad you switched, and why do you think the thermal arc is the better machine?

By the way, I was in the local welding shop the other day and was looking at the SD 180 and I get over how big it is. My thermal arc is only 42lbs. and is so small in comparison it's hard to believe that it actually is in the same power range. So far I think I made the right decision. The only surprise to me is how fast I am using up argon.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

originally I got the 180 because I needed a TIG to do stainless, it is transformer based so fairly bullet proof, I was eyeing the maxstar 150, synco 180 and the TA 185, I neede something that can handle 120 amp continuos use. was not sure if the maxstar 150 would be able to swing it.

a used 180 showed up used so I bought it it was a great machine, nothing wrong with it. I sold it because I thought I am done doing stainless for good.

things changed and I needed aTIG again.

reason I choose the TA 185 this time.

  • much smaller, portable , even tho mine sits on a shelf, water cooler & gas bottle under it sits on a cart.
  • less power hungry, the inverter use a bit less power to operate given the same out put amprage for welding, but it does not require as high (big) wireing and circuit braker to feed it (on the power input side). if I recall it the SD180 needed 42 amp crcuit , the TA185 need less than 30 amp circuit. how ever it does not mean that one or the other actually spins the electric meter faster than the other (this was mentioned in earlier treads.) I only have a 50A sub panel for 220V, and I run other applications on
220V so this was the biggest factor.

  • more features (comes at a cost $$$$$) pulse , advanced square wave on A/C, sequence, ramp up- ramp dow feature, HF and lift arc, the SD180 if HF only.

bottom line : for the money the SD180 is a great machine if you got plenty power to feed it , and lots of room to house it. example a big dedicated shop !!!!

plus thechnology advances , we are in the inverter stage, the technology is here, why not take advantage of it.

my machine is stationary, it does not get moved or bumped around , so issues with sensetive circuitry should not be a problem.

I like the TA 185 a LOT !!

this is my oppinion, I am sure other swear by the transformer machines.

Reply to
acrobat ants

sorry for cross-posting, but if anyone is interested, these would be the two groups to look in. I bought this machine about a year ago and it gets very little use (only used the stick once) and I need to pay some other bills so (unfortunately)off she goes. If anyone is in the Buffalo NY area (for pick up reasons) I'm selling the machine with an almost full tank of argon, (local welding shop 100 year lease) home-cart, extra collets, tungsten, (alum and mild steel) some filler rod... ready to use. $1500. I'm placing it in the local classifieds next week, just thought somebody might be interested here first. Here's a pic with the 60cf tank (It comes with an 80cf, i upgraded) Ready to plug in and weld. I have evrything it came with including all manuals.

walt

Reply to
wallster

I like the Maxstar line... 150stl looks nice.

now, i can tig my stuff at my buddy's collision shop. It sucks that i have to sell it, but my wife is giving up a 2005 Toyota RAV4 with 5700 miles on it so we can catch up on bills. I took a good size paycut this year. Hey, it could be worse!

walt

Reply to
wallster