PreFlight Tx question

Just got a copy of Pre Flight which works through the MIC input of the sound card. Very good too. Tested on both a 6EXA and a 7CAP. My question is -- can I run the Tx with the Xtal out so I'm not actually transmitting anything or will this damage it? I need power on but it works through the buddy connector.

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

The most used way to turn off a transmitter is exactly what you are doing by remowing the xtal, this is fine and will not make any damage, infact it is best to do so instead of having the tx running for long hours with antenna down. it also uses much less power like this.

most new transmitters with student output connector has a pin that can be connected to another pin this will shutt off the tx, so you dont have to unplug the xtal, and maybe forget it somewhere or miss it one day.

Thomas Scherrer OZ2CPU

"Len Cuff" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Thomas Scherrer