Question

Hi folks, Can anyone give me some idea of what can cause a plane to kind of fall out of an outside loop. I get the plane started down toward the ground from 12 o'clock and everything is ok until it reaches about 8 o'clock then it wants to roll out to the right. I am thinking maybe just not enough speed because it is an Arrow from Hanger 9 with an Evolution 40 on it but they put a 3 bladed prop on it to slow it down. Is there anything else I can look for. The plane is trimmed out ok and flies hands off pretty well. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Phi

Reply to
Philip Goodwin

Frank Schwartz

Frank is right. The model is "snapping out" (old seventies terminology) of the loop.

Some models with excessive dihedral/flat bottomed airfoils will do this consistently and without reprieve.

As Frank suggested, try easing a tad off of the "down" elevator input at that point. It could help, but most likely will not.

Do it very high, by the way.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Try one from inverted flight pushing UP to enter the outside loop -- does it still act the same way? Sounds like too much elevator causing a snap.

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack

An excellent suggestion, Lyman. As usual.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Does it consistently fall out the same way each time? If so, check the lateral balance on your plane. If one wing is heavier than the other, it will fall out especially as airspeed decreases.

Philip Goodw> Hi folks,

Reply to
JJVB