RC paramotors

Following is a list of RC paramotors I've found on the net so far. Do you know any other ?

<Para>

Would this type of craft be an appropriate first place to start RC flying ? (not much to break)

Or is this only suited to ACE RC pilots who have acquired the fine touch ?

Eric

Reply to
abracadabra

Refer to Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

Sub section = "Parachutist & Paragliders etc. RC" especially the Hirobo unit which is the largest seen and a good performer. as well as the Robbe Skyflex =
Franks RC Jumper Page Let's Jump - John & Bob's Skydiving Parachute Planes etc Paramax - Modellfallschirmspringer ParaVictor der RC Gleitschirm Flieger Paraplane Sport - Hirobo electric Powerglider. Radio controlled powered paragliders. R_C Parachuting FAQ's R_C Parachutist - download manual & Plans. R_C Skydiving Radio Control Parachuting Page Wildcat Para-Cat

Reply to
A.T.

Don't know for sure, but in a full scale version they would qualify as ultralights and not require a pilots license to operate. They move pretty slow and taking off looks like the only tricky bit if you don't try any fancy flying so I'd venture a guess that they can be easy to fly. As with any aircraft, it is of course possible to make them hard to fly by not having the correct amount of control or trim or weight.

Reply to
Steve Banks

I believe they are in their own niche of the hobby. Though they would no doubt teach you some of the aspects of R/C flight, I doubt they would work well as a lead in to or suitable trainer for fixed wing. Bets to go with the fixed wing and learn how to repair them. :)

Reply to
Chuck Jones

To steve and Chuck,

Thank you. I will stick to the fixed wing for the trainer after all.

Eric

Reply to
abracadabra

They do make a good trainer in some respect. They teach basic control except for elevator. They are very forgiving, pretty tough. They are only yaw (rudder/steering) and throttle (up and down). I own the Sky Surfer and have had hours of fun with it. I've had it for a few years now. I've done several upgrades to it like brushless motor and speed controller, new radio gear, Lithium poly battery, wireless video camera. They are a bit on the pricey side though. Full price for the SkySurfer was 249.00. I got mine for 195.00 on sale. I have about 14 different airplanes and I keep coming back to the Sky Surfer. It is fun to fly and relaxing. You can take your eyes off of it and not worry about losing it. No need to stay ahead of it like some hi-perf. airplanes. I put an altimeter watch on it and had it up around 1100 feet. It was pretty hard to see at that point. With a brushless motor and a Li-PO battery, I get around 30-40 minute flights out of it. I think my max was 52 minutes.

I would recommend one for anyone who wants a change.

Reply to
Don