RCadvisor.com Releases Calculator SE, Free Model Airplane Design Software

Albuquerque, NM-May 13-RCadvisor.com launched on January 1, 2008 with Calculator SE, an advanced free online calculator for model airplane building and design. Calculator SE features an electric power system optimizer, a virtual wind tunnel, a scale model sizing tool, and a real-time airfoil analyzer. Running on multiple platforms, it incorporates features distilled from the latest usability research. According to founder and lead developer Carlos Reyes, "Ease of use is the primary design goal, but accuracy has not been compromised."

Ease of Use is the Primary Design Goal

Calculator SE uses ToolTips to provide help on highlighted entry fields, when it has advice to give, or to indicate an invalid entry. An online tutorial guides the user through common tasks. Twenty-five interactive graphs highlight trends at a glance. Graphs and results are recalculated automatically with every data edit, encouraging experimentation and speeding up the learning process.

Designed as a set of workbenches, each component (motors, airfoils, etc.) can be analyzed independently. A consistent layout for each workbench makes knowledge transfer easy. More advanced workbenches for airplanes and power systems combine multiple components together.

Accuracy has not been Compromised

Dennis from Tracy, California says "Wow, that's a pretty nice calculator. I input my TwinJet at my altitude and average temperature, and the max speed (level flight) is almost exactly what I measured! Very nice, and Great Job!"

Advanced Design and Features

The calculator and extensive component database reside on fast server networks in the United States and Europe. The calculator is no larger than popular homepages and loads very quickly. The user's data is saved every three minutes to the same server networks to prevent data loss.

The calculator requires no installation and runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is very fast - the power system optimizer can analyze

40,000 configurations every second.

About RCadvisor.com

RCadvisor's goal is to help individuals design and build better flying model aircraft through the use of an advanced free online model airplane calculator. Founding RCadvisor.com in 2007, Carlos Reyes has had lifelong love affairs with airplanes and computers. He holds a Private Pilot-Glider Certificate from the FAA and has enjoyed flying model airplanes for many years. A Computer Science degree from Columbia University and 25 years of experience prepared him well to tackle programming the calculator.

Contact:

Reply to
creyes123