On Hanger 9 stuff

I thought this is worth passing on.
Until now I had never tried Hanger 9 ARF models. I just got a Pulse 60 -- a very nice looking model. This is, without a doubt, the best/highest quality
model I have ever gotten. The whole darn thing is essentially bolted together -- i.e. I have it almost ready to go and have yet to use glue or epoxy -- other in the servo (pre drilled) mounting holes. Even the control arms are already mounted! The tail section (both vertical and horizontal) is assembled using two bolts. The wing(s) are ready to go after mounting the servos.
I have not flown it yet -- maybe tomorrow -- and have high expectations.
I have through the years had many Hanger 9 ARFs and have been happy with them. But, I just got a Hanger 9 Ultrastick 60, my 2nd one. Instructions say that the ailerons are pre installed with CA hinges, and then walk you through the process of gluing them on. Well not only were the ailerons not preinstalled ( no big deal), but the hinge slots weren't even cut in the wing. That pissed me off. The slots were cut in the ailerons, vert and horiz stabilizers and in the elevator and rudder, but I guess they neglected to do the wing. Not that I can't cut in the slots myself (already have ) I just expected it to be done, since the instructions clearly indicated that the ailerons were already installed, and this is not a particularly cheap ARF. I guess I could email them with my rant. OK, I'm done venting now. On the other hand, they seem to have made a few improvements to the Ultrastick over my other one ( 5 years old ) and if memory serves me, the price is still the same as it was 5 years ago.
42

I'm currently working on an Hanger 9 Sopwith Camel 60 for a friend. The last Hanger 9 I built was a Super Stick 40. It was designed cheap but flew well. Crappy hardware. On the contrary for Sopwith Camel 60. So far it seems really good. There are always a few issues but I am impressed with it. mk