Re: A couple charging questions (Using the Triton charger)

I THINK the problem with the errant battery is solved (?) by a customer at the LHS where I took my Triton and battery with questions. He reset the charger with no timed out and charged each 3 series battery separately. By the way, he said he flies electric exclusively now.

So far after a couple hours, each 3S battery pack measured at 12.63 V. When I connected them in parallel (3S3P), the whole pack measured

12.63 V. It's holding, but time will tell.....

If the weather is good here in Columbus (rain every day off and on), I will fly with my friend here. I'll be back with a report, maybe in a few days when I return to Toledo.

Wan

Reply to
Wan

The timer setting on the Triton has given a number of people the fits when they try to charge. You got some good advice, shut it off. We will be anxious to see how you make out now.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Mike,

When you say Doug, do you mean Doug McClaren? He's your buddy that has the diagram of the tabs for checking individual cells?

Then I may have him confused as well. He was asking who posted the article that deals with the diagrams. If that's the one, then he's asking about himself.

Well, he offered to send a diagram to me, but wanted to know who was the poster so he may look it up. Funny, huh?

If he's your buddy, please let him know what's going on? If not so, then I don't know what to say.

Just as confused, Wan

Reply to
Wan

I don't know Doug. I just read his post and it sounded like he had a handle on how to do it. My buddy is Chris Parent, who is a well known scale free flight competitor. He is now using some of his extensive engineering skills and meticulous craftmanship to minimize risks associated with care and use of the lipolies for RC use.

Mike

Reply to
mike tully

Mike,

I have also to see things such as a diagram to understand.

But strange, I posted a question to you over 9 hours ago. I'll try to copy and paste it to you again;

Mike,

When you say Doug, do you mean Doug McClaren? He's your buddy that has the diagram of the tabs for checking individual cells?

Then I may have him confused as well. He was asking who posted the article that deals with the diagrams. If that's the one, then he's asking about himself.

Well, he offered to send a diagram to me, but wanted to know who the poster was so he may look it up. Funny, huh?

If he's your buddy, please let him know what's going on? If not so, then I don't know what to say.

Just as confused, Wan

Reply to
Wan

... | > I can't understand these things without a diagram. I just drew a | > picture to convince myself. Sounds like Doug has a handle on it | > though.. | | When you say Doug, do you mean Doug McClaren? He's your buddy that has | the diagram of the tabs for checking individual cells?

No, I don't think I'm the buddy he's referring to.

| Then I may have him confused as well. He was asking who posted the | article that deals with the diagrams. If that's the one, then he's | asking about himself.

I posted my diagram after asking you that, not before. :)

Trust me -- I'm not quite that schizophrenic. (And neither am I!)

I just thought my poor excuse for ASCII art might help explain how one can set up a 3s3p pack with only three `tabs' for checking individual (well, groups of three, but that's ok) cells.

(I then said you could do it with only one `tab' (plus the pack's normal connector), but didn't go into details there because it would be complicated enough to use in practice that I wouldn't suggest doing it.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Mike,

I really think my first two posts didn't get through.

And this will be my third attempt to post my questions to you. Now I will copy and paste what I've said before and see it gets posted;

Mike,

When you say Doug, do you mean Doug McClaren? He's your buddy that has the diagram of the tabs for checking individual cells?

Then I may have him confused as well. He was asking who posted the article that deals with the diagrams. If that's the one, then he's asking about himself.

Well, he offered to send a diagram to me, but wanted to know who the poster was so he may look it up. Funny, huh?

If he's your buddy, please let him know what's going on? If not so, then I don't know what to say.

Just as confused, Wan

Reply to
Wan

I don't get it. I've been trying to post three times, the last one was at around 10 PM last night and it's almost 7 AM now. It's taken 9 hours and my questions (not off topic) to Mike Tully it hasn't appeared yet. I know I'm posting on google, but it has happened too many times. It has happened on other ocassions. Strange.....

Could it be the server here? I'm away from home. This may be the problem?

Wan

Reply to
Wan

snipped-for-privacy@toast.net (Wan) posted message IDon 30 May 2004

04:06:47 -0700

The answer lies within the question.

"I know I'm posting on google"

Reply to
Todd Klondike

I don't get it. I've been trying to post three times, the last one was at around 10 PM last night and it's almost 7 AM now. It's taken 9 hours and my questions (not off topic) to Mike Tully it hasn't appeared yet. I know I'm posting on google, but it has happened too many times. It has happened on other ocassions. Strange.....

Could it be the server here? I'm away from home.

Wan

Reply to
Wan

This is frustrating. I've posted a question more than 12 hours ago and it has not appeared yet. I will paste it here again, but does anyone else have this problem? now this will be my 4th attempt.

Hopefully, here it is;

I don't get it. I've been trying to post three times, the last one was at around 10 PM last night and it's almost 7 AM now. It's taken 9 hours and my questions (not off topic) to Mike Tully it hasn't appeared yet. I know I'm posting on google, but it has happened too many times. It has happened on other ocassions. Strange.....

Could it be the server here? I'm away from home.

Wan

Reply to
Wan

Well, even though I've made FOUR attempts to post without success, I no longer needed to ask those questions.

Truth is, I took my Triton to the LHS and a customer there who had extensive experience with batteries and Triton helped me reset my Triton, first charged each 3S pack at 1.5 amps, 11.1 volts, up to voltage (3 packs the same voltage, 12.6 V), then connected them in parallel.

I have been checking the 3S3P pack for the past four days and it held a 12.61 V charge. Then gradually during those four days, dropped to about 12.59 V. I believe this is a good indication that the procedure is working.

In the future when the battery is discharged after a flight, I will then recharge the 3S3P pack at 2.5 amps, 11.1 volts. How does this sound?

IF and a big IF this gets posted, I owe gratitude to all who gave input, thanks.

Wan

Reply to
Wan