Re: ACE Cloud Dancer ARF update

I'll buy that! I have the .60 version with a Saito .80 and the thing glides forever once it gets into ground effect. Gotta try landing it at a higher angle of attack to slow it down. Or maybe I need to practice slipping it.....or..or....

CR

snipped-for-privacy@nbnet.nb.ca wrote:

Mine is 5 lb. 3 oz with 14 cells , wheel pants and > flaps...w/an AVEOX brushless .. > > Positively ballistic! (unlimited vertical... ) > > I put the flaps on to get it down, be sure your engine > throttles WAY down reliably.. this plane "floats" on landing.. > > To high an idle and you will need a visa when you touch > down... :) > > Dave > > > > > >>I finished putting together the Cloud Dancer this week. Put in a Magnum 52 >>4-stroke. Finished weight was 4lbs 12.8 ounces. The box said 4 pounds. No >>way that was achievable. I didn't use the wheel pants either. >> >>The included Thunder Tiger fuel tank leaked so I put in a Hayes of similar >>dimensions. With the battery way up front under the tank, it balanced where >>it should. >> >>The included cowl is vey flimsy. Doubt it will last long. >> >>This was my first 40-size plane in a while. Forgot how small they were. >>Not much room to maneuver in the fuselage. >> >>It is a good looking plane and I hope it flies well. Now I have to wait for >>the wind to drop below 30 mph coincident with when I have time to fly. >> >>John VB >> >> > >
Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

John... Not to worry....almost never do kit built planes weigh what the manufacturer says they will . All that I've built have come out heavier than the kit producers say they will. They fly great anyway.

Reply to
Peter and Ruth Baylinson

John, Stan's Fiberglass has the cowls for the C/D.Heavy duty stuff. Mine didn't last long so ordered one of his and it's tuff..The fit is tite,like very tite but it'll go on.Cheap too. Later Walt

Reply to
TX_QBALL