Recommended book

This is only slightly off-topic. Last night I started to re-read Nevil Shute's book "Trustee from the Toolroom." The central character is Keith Stewart, who writes an regular column for "Miniature Mechanic" magazine, ca 1950. (So in this sense, it's on-topic, because he's definitely a modeler, even if it ain't R/C airplanes). It also involves some flying, sailing, engineering, and great storytelling. I'd forgotten how hard-to-put-down it is; sometime around 1AM it came back to me. :-)

I can't imagine a serious modeler who WOULDn't love this book, although some of the social stuff is a bit dated, albeit probably correct for its era. It also celebratess the degree to which people with a common interest help each other out, the way so many modelers seem to do.

--John

From amazon:

From bookfinder (used):

John F. Hughes