Need "Trustee from the Toolroom" Book

I understand that "Trustee from the Toolroom" by Nevil Shute is a great book for HSMs to read. I don't believe it is readily available anymore. Does anyone have a copy that they would like to sell or lend me?

Thanks!

Reply to
Rich Goldner

Readily available used. See AbeBooks:

Bob Engelhardt

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Its an excellent read - Nevil Shute was an accomplished metalworker, there is a technical thread running through most of his books. Plus, they are a good read in their own right - antique by modern standards, but still a good read. Try your local library - ours has most of his works...

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

it is also available for download in txt format, if you are an ebook sort of guy

Reply to
Rex

But did you enjoy it? I did.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I ordered it, received it, read it, and if anyone wants a yellowed old-book-smelling little paperback just send me the postage and it's yours.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:15:29 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Spehro Pefhany quickly quoth:

I read the one where he hid the gold/jewels in the boat. That's not Trustee, is it? If not, please send it to me! He's a great writer.

Proper address is right on the diversify site. Let me know how much and I'll paypal or mail it next week, Spehro. I'm off to CA tomorrow.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sure did!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

it is. they tries to bury jewels in concrete on a boat.

Ignoramus744

That's the one, so you've read it.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:12:39 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Spehro Pefhany quickly quoth:

Darn. Our library system (now defunct) had only a couple of his books. I was hoping this was a new one. Well, now that I've given up TV, I'm finding all sorts of good deals on books on eBay. 44 last month for $24. (33 for $16 and 11 for $8, delivered) It sure beats $65/mo for nothing to watch on the 500 channels of DISH network. I found Rand's _Atlas Shrugged_ on Freecycle locally and its 1084 pages kept me busy for a couple weeks.

Thanks anyway.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Have you tried Leon Uris or James Michener? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Try looking over this site which lists upcoming used book sales by State:

Most of the used book sales in my area have prices ranging from 50 cents to $3 for hard covers and 25 cents to $1 for paperbacks. Some of the larger sales will have 50,000 titles to peruse. Usually they are grouped by genre only, plan on doing a lot of looking :)

You may find some ongoing sales too if you don't want to wait.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

...and be sure to check for metalworking books. In the non-fiction section.

Reply to
Rex