CNC time

What does CNC lathe time run out there? I need to have a bunch of bushungs made from UHMW poly for resale as repair kits. Six operations per bushing but it could be cut down to four. Local shop has qouted me $35 each with me supplying the material-1 1/2" round poly stock. Seems like less than 15 minutes lathe time per bushing. I'm close to Baton Rouge, La

Reply to
Gerry

Gerry wrote in news:1183252171.902784.32360 @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Gerry, You should post this over on alt.machines.cnc I feel you would probably get better responses, as many of those folks are shop owners, programmers, professional machinists, etc. You can provide a link to a print and get additional quotes from those folks.

Reply to
Anthony

Email me a print. Depending in the tolerance and number of features..Im pretty sure I can get'er done fairly cheaply.

Whats the OD?

Gunner

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

How much is a bunch? In this area at least 50 is a bunch. :) 15 minutes a bushing sounds like someone is doing it in a manual. Average little bushing like that 1.5Ø should take under five minutes on a good cnc.

I'd be happy to give you a decent price on them.

John

Reply to
john