Model Craftsman mags from the late 20's early 30's

I received this e-mail message from someone (who may have a broken "Caps Lock" key) - can anyone help? I never heard of Model Craftsman, let alone any hobby magazines from the 20s-30s other than Model Railroader.

hey mark! I got hold of some old model craftsman mags > from the late 20's early 30's. I havent a clue what they > are worth. could you give me an idea ? they are all in > pretty good shape > ~johnboy~

If you have a reply, please copy snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net on your message.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Model Craftsman was the predecessor magazine to Railroad Model Craftsman. The first issue as far as I know was March 1933, so I'm not sure what his reference to the 20's is. Content was general modeling, trains, planes, cars, etc., even an occasional piece of furniture as I recall. For the April 1949 issue, they changed the name to Railroad Model Craftsman and focused exclusively on model railroad content.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Scherb

For about 3 issues it was called Model Railroad Craftsman.

Howard Garner

Reply to
Howard R Garner

There was an American magazine called The Model Maker that existed in the

1920s through the thirties. It was more like The Model Engineer and covered all phases of model making. I have a set. Michael >
Reply to
Michael Creem

Check Railpub. I just sold him a complete collection 1934-1948

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Model craftsman was published starting in march 1933. There are no

1920's issues.

The

website sells 1934-39 issues for $6.00 apiece.

has issues for almost $29.00 an issue. So I'd imagine they're worth between $29.00 and $0.01 each.

Eric

Mark Mathu wrote:

I received this e-mail message from someone (who may have a broken "Caps Lock" key) - can anyone help? I never heard of Model Craftsman, let alone any hobby magazines from the 20s-30s other than Model Railroader.

Reply to
Eric

That reminds me: lots of thanks to whoever mentioned Nevil Shute's "The Trustee From The Toolroom" - enjoyed it.

Reply to
Steve Caple