Ryan ST landing gear

On the Ryan ST was the wheel fairing rigidly attached to the oleo strut or was it pivoted at the treadle axis? Nobody seems to know...

In article

The Sig kit is supposed to be exact scale and it has the fairing in 2 sections- the top part is attached to the wing and the lower part fits inside and is attached to the strut.
Photos of my Ryan here:
http://www.mhmyers.com/rc.tn.html
--
m-m

M-M wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I looked at your model. It seems to be one of the modified versions with a ranger engine. Super!
Actually- the Ryan ST had a reversed "trailing link" landing gear shock absorber system, I'm fairly sure, hence the long fairings. You could call it a "leading link" I suppose. The guy in the hangar next to mine, out in Chino, has the military version, the PT 22. I'll have to take a close look next time for you.- Paul

message

This should help shed some light on your question: http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/AC/aircraft/Ryan-PT22/info/info.htm
Geezer
Geezer wrote:

Geezer: Pt 22 had entirely different set up.

I beg to differ with you:
http://rwebs.net/ghostsqd/pt-22.htm The S-T and S-T-As featured open cockpits, a slim metal fuselage and an externally-braced wing, and were powered by a Menasco four-cylinder inline engine of from 95 to 125 hp. The fixed landing gear was of an unusual "knuckled" design, which on most of the civilian models was covered with a streamlined fairing.