SAITO

NEWBIE HERE

fixing to purchase my first engine SAITO .72 I have read all the hype on the WebPages are these engines really better than others or is it like most advertisements they good but so are most of the others

Reply to
don

They are good, but not better.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Is this your first engine, or your first four stroke? Saito's have a good reputation (and they are rather pretty if that means anything). I inherited a Saito .80, golden knight - but have not used it yet. I'm thinking about converting an electric to . . . . . . :-)

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I love my Saito .72! Great engine. Lots of power, and very smooth. Don't expect it to break-in in a couple of flights.

Reply to
Double Ace

I have five Saitos from .56 to 1.50 and they are my favorite four-strokes so far (also have O.S. and Magnum). They are very light, very dependable and very pretty! :-)

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

Hi Don, Saitos are excellent engines and there are none better but that's an objective opinion .. The 72 has been around for awhile so I'd recommend the 82. It's exactly the same size as the 72 but it's 8g lighter and more powerful. At Horizon Hobby the 72 = $224 and the 82 = $254. IMHO, the 82 is worth the $30 delta. Have fun -

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

SAITO Is tops. I have had them all. OS. Thunder Tiger. YS. Irvine. Super Tiger. I have had like 10+ Saitos and I agree with Ed. I have had the

72 and the .82. It was a night and day difference. The .82 is Bad to the bone. The only way I start the engines is prime them up. Connect glow stick and bump backwards on the compression stroke. All of my saitos and my irvine .72 is like this. The rest I most of the time use the starter. Now all I fly is Saito and am looking to get another. No I am not from Saito. Thought I wish I was. Maybee I could get a discount.. They are the best.. Hands down.. I got a 120 from the swap meet and It was seized up tight could not move at all. carb stuck too. I took it apart cleaned it out and put it back togeather. I primed it and flipped it backwards and she sputtered. Hit again and that was all it took. It is lacking a little power now but will start every time and has never cut off. I will replace the ring and bearings and she will be like new again.. Get on and tell me you told me so.. Just break it in right and take care of it and you will never have any problems.. Get the .82!!!

LATER

Reply to
powerlines

thanks for the input MIGHT just go with the 82 let me have a look see again thanks

Reply to
don

I feel they are equal to or better than the "touted" brands. I have a

72 and an 82. Not a lick of trouble with either of them (wish I could say that about my OS 52 4 stroke ).

I suggest getting the 82 instead of the 72. The 82 is lighter in weight, more powerful and only about $20 more. You will not regret either the 72 or 82. I feel they are THE BEST 4 strokes out there.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

"Ted Campanelli" wrote

To me, they would be "The Best" if they went back to bushing both ends of the connecting rods. As it is, they are as good as the rest, but not better.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
newsgroups.bellsouth.net

"newsgroups.bellsouth.net" wrote in message news:anNTf.152$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net...