Servo questions am / fm futaba etc.

Hi

I have both am and fm futaba radios .

Can the servos be used between each type without problem. ie I have s3001 and fp-s148 and 138's

secondly I have a servo made by Sheng eng called an inter 016 it has a jr or futaba pin out with red balck and yellow wires can these servos also be used either am or fm in 1/2 a sport stealth's?

are sheng eng servos any good ? ( the ebay seller seems to have vanished gulp)

thanks again :)

Reply to
kruliczek

| I have both am and fm futaba radios . | | Can the servos be used between each type without problem. | ie I have s3001 and fp-s148 and 138's

Yes. The servos have nothing to do with AM or FM. In fact, while you may need to adjust connector wires somewhat (for some really old servos) or shave off a `tab' on newer ones (Futaba servos in a JR/Hitec receiver), pretty much all servos are compatible with all radios.

| secondly I have a servo made by Sheng eng called an inter 016 | it has a jr or futaba pin out with red balck and yellow wires | can these servos also be used either am or fm in 1/2 a sport stealth's?

I've never heard of sheng eng, but almost certainly ... | are sheng eng servos any good ? ( the ebay seller seems to have vanished gulp)

Got me. Personally, I buy most of my servos from

mostly Hitec servos. I wouldn't buy anything else unless it was something really special (tiny, huge, etc.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren