Synthetic vs Blend

I am talking almost 20 years ago. At that time, it was all castor.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I recall buying Red Max and K&B fuel with synthetic oil when I started in the mid 70's. I have old magazines dated in the 60's discussing synthetic oils. Thats a lot longer than 20 years.

Reply to
Sport_Pilot

Maybe your Powermaster was 15% nitro? Fox does not recommend more than 5% nitro for that engine.

Reply to
Sport_Pilot

I was running 5% nitro in most engines at the time. The only engines that got more were my racing engines and my four strokes.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I purchased this gallon of Duke's in late 72 or early 73 ! ! ! !

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Missle Mist K&B 100 K&B 1000 Frannys Fox Used them all, then started mixing our own and never used anything else. The high oil content for the fox stunt was needed to get a good 2-4 break,if enough oil was not used it would run erratic. High oil content is still used in modern stunt engines to get the correct run,these are low RPM motors and still use over 20% oil. DOUG

Reply to
Courseyauto