Transmitter question

I am currently using a Futaba Skyport4 Tx. I want to be able to use a volt meter/cycler on the unit, but have discovered there is diode in the system that keeps you from this very thing. I was unable to locate a 'male' plug for the white 2 prong 'female' plug on the battery. My question is can I splice a standard 'J' connector between the battery and this 'odd' plug without damaging the Tx? If so, since the battery compartment is pretty tight, where can I stash the 'J' plug? Or has anyone else come up with another solution?

scott

Reply to
Scott Klinger

Run the extra connector in parallel. Please DO NOT jumper the diode.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Reply to
A.T.

Sorry, part of last post disappeared when sent, my dumb thumbs no doubt. =

Remove battery from TX and use adaptor lead separately, do not wire in, in case TX is accidentally left on or turned on during charge. If you must leave battery in TX, refer to =

which advises, with pictures, how to by pass the diode for cycling TX batteries.

Reply to
A.T.

Scott,

Actually, you can install a "polyswitch" in parallel with the reverse protection diode that prevents cycling on the stock TX. Once added, you maintain the protection offered by the diode while still being able to cycle your TX pack with no further modifications. This is what Futaba is now doing on their latest transmitters. You can order one of these devices from Digi-Key

using part number RXE110-ND. They cost less than $1 each!

John

Scott Kl> I am currently using a Futaba Skyport4 Tx. I want to be able to use a

Reply to
John Morley