Wingo Setup

Thank you in advance for reading this. I have been lerking for a while. I am new to rc planes. I have decided to buy a Wingo. Could you please tell me if the following is a decent setup for somebody with zero experience. I have a park right next to my house I plan on using to fly my plane. So here's what I am concidering buying:

Wingo Park Flyer(comes with motor and prop $99.00) Hitech Laser 4 Channel FM w/ 2 HS-300 (HTR971B $119.00) Jeti 10 microprocessor w/ Speed 400 connectors (JE110AW $37.00)

7 Cell 1100NiMh pack (B1100N7 $28.90) AC/DC Charger for 6 or 7 cell packs (DNY4010 $39.90) Total Cost:$323.80 plus shipping and broken parts of first crash.

Does this look like a good setup for a beginner.

Thanks, Kent

Reply to
i_am_thewedge

Hi Kent, I would suggest a couple of changes. First, the Jeti 10 may not handle the current of a Speed 400, which can draw about 12 amps or so. I would buy an ESC rated at least 15 amps continuous current. The Castle Creations Pixie-20 is about the same price and would be an excellent choice. I would also suggest using an 8-cell KAN 950 or 1050 battery. Good luck... it's a very "fun" airplane.

Randy Roman Lilburn, GA

Reply to
Randall Roman

Use an 8 cell pack. I like Radio Shack 1600 NIMH packs in wingo.

Reply to
Pete Christensen

Consider the HTR971M with the micro receiver and servos. The HTR971R would be an even better choice.

One option is to completely avoid field charging. Purchase 2 or 3 RRC-1000AE packs and the Ace Super Digipulse Multi Port Battery Charger.

?shop=1&cat=58&cart=16433(get at least 6 power port connectors)

Order extra HLFK4003 connectors

Or use 15 Amp PowerPoles
Simulator Links

aeropal