Painting a Wingo

I love the Wingo concept, but I hate the coloring of the stock model.

I would like to paint it in WWII German trim, but I don't want to add a lot of weight. What is the lightest finish that I could use to do the job? Any suggestions?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Hi Ed, a friend sprayed his very lightly and said it still added quite a bit of weight... a lot of wing area there. My suggestion would be to consider covering with SoLite (aka Nelson Lite Film). It is low-temp and extremely light weight. Good luck... you'll love flying your Wingo! I've been flying RC for 33 years and have run the gamut of airplane types. Yesterday I was spinning my Wingo on floats at the local park. Does beautiful spins and exits are immediate. Flies the same as it does on wheels.

Randy Roman Lilburn, GA

Reply to
Randall Roman

Try enamle spary paint - oil based, or maybe houshild latex, thinned and brushed carefully.

Not a wingo Ed, surely...:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It has the lifting capacity that I need. That is why I chose the Wingo.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger